Division Director for General Academic Pediatrics
AMN Healthcare is conducting a national search for the Division Director for General Academic Pediatrics (GAP) within the Department of Pediatrics at the Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) and Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (CHKD)
The Division Director for General Academic Pediatrics also serves as the Vice-Chair of Primary Care and reports directly to the Chair of Pediatrics for relevant academic and administrative functions.
The Division Director will report to the Vice President of Physician Practice Management of CHKD. The position will provide administrative and financial leadership in collaboration with a hospital administrative management team that includes a GAP practice manager and director representing Children’s Medical Group (CMG), the hospital’s network of over 30 primary care practices.
Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters (CHKD)
- Virginia’s only freestanding children’s hospital
- First and only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in Hampton Roads
- Virginia’s largest volume Pediatric ED with >55,000 annual visits
- 206-bed hospital providing comprehensive care to children throughout southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina
- CHKD offers primary care, diagnostic services, urgent care, emergency care, rehabilitative therapies, day surgery, and specialty surgical care in more than 20 pediatric subspecialties.
Division of General Academic Pediatrics
- Primary academic pediatric site, conducting over 21,000 outpatient visits per year with nine general pediatric physicians, 76 pediatric residents, and more than 150 medical students at EVMS.
- Physicians have a significant amount of teaching responsibility within the expanding 84-person EVMS Pediatric Residency Program.
- Physicians also participate in clinical research projects.
- Must have MD (or equivalent) with a track record of leadership roles preferably in an academic institution is required.
- The candidate should be at the level of associate professor or have credentials that would allow promotion to this level of academic rank.
- Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted Virginia medical license and an academic appointment at the associate professor level or higher.