Exciting Opportunity at Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters to develop and grow a strong pharmacy program as the Director of Pharmacy!
- Reporting directly to the VP of Ancillary Services, the Director of Pharmacy will oversee approximately 75 FTEs including the Inpatient Main Hospital, Urgent Care, Ambulatory Care, and Outpatient Clinics.
- The Director will provide overall operation oversight as it pertains to the organization’s pharmacy services, coordinate pharmacy operations for the provision of pharmaceutical care, and ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
- Ideal candidates will foster an environment of collaboration, diversity, and safety as well as demonstrate excellent communication and team building skills.
- 5+ years of progressive clinical experience.
- PharmD degree from an ACPE accredited school; Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy with commensurate clinical experience will be considered.
- Must be eligible for or have obtained a Virginia Pharmacy license.
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (CHKD) – part of The King’s Daughter’s Health System – is the preferred provider of quality children’s health services in the region, providing hospitalization, ongoing care for chronic illness, outpatient surgery, and primary care.
- CHKD is a 206-bed teaching hospital with special units for neonatal and pediatric intensive care, cancer care, acute inpatient rehabilitation, medical and surgical care, and transitional care.
- As a freestanding, full-service children's hospital, every inch of the facility and all its members are devoted exclusively to the needs of young people, and patients benefit from the full range of pediatric specialists and support services available only at freestanding children's hospitals.
- The hospital is planning to break ground on a new, 60-bed mental health facility in the fall (2023 opening), with a focus on behavioral health and psychiatric services.
- Norfolk, Virginia sits along the Chesapeake Bay, with seven miles of beaches! Visitors can enjoy strolling along sandy shores hunting for shells or getting out on the water with one of the many Harbor Cruises offering stunning views of the city.
- Travel + Leisure voted Norfolk one of America’s Favorite Places for 2016 and one of the Top 50 Places to Travel in 2017.
- The city has a thriving arts community, with new studios and galleries popping up all down the streets of the NEON Arts District.