Be an innovative leader in Maine’s largest integrated health system as the Director of Human Resources
- The Director of Human Resources will serve as a consultant to leadership on all human resource issues while being a collaborative and strategic business partner who can bring modernization to the department.
- The Director will oversee the HR staff and day to day operations as well as work with the senior leadership to develop and implement strategies and goals within the organization. This person will provide consultation, direction, and coordination on a strategic level for retention strategies, talent management and talent acquisition, compensation, employee & leadership development, employee engagement & culture.
- Focus on workforce engagement and rebranding the Human Resources department (overseeing a department of 2 other individuals) by enhancing the employee experience, hands on leader and being a proactive thought partner while also focusing on broader issues and tasks implications.
- Seeking a high energy, visionary leader with a minimum of five years Human Resources leadership experience. Rounding on the hospital floors will be expected. Union experience is a plus but not required. Onsite required with occasional work from home.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred.
- Western Maine Health is committed to providing health care services and education to the communities we serve. Stephens Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital that has been recognized by the Leapfrog Group as one of the Top Rural Hospitals in the nation four times in the last seven years - 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2016.
- They are proud to be a part of MaineHealth, Maine's largest integrated health system of leading high-quality providers and other healthcare organizations, working together to make the communities the healthiest in America. Their mission is to ensure a high-quality, accessible, affordable, integrated, and appropriate health care system that improves the health and well-being of the community.
- MaineHealth is a not-for-profit health system dedicated to improving the health of patients and communities by providing high-quality affordable care, educating tomorrow's caregivers, and researching better ways to provide care.
- As the largest health care organization in Maine and a leading health care provider serving northern New Hampshire, MaineHealth is recognized as one of the nation’s top integrated health care delivery networks.
- The facility offers programs and services that support care delivery with a focus on standardizing evidence-based patient care across the continuum. They also support our communities by implementing best practice interventions.
- In keeping with their vision, mission, and values, MaineHealth offers a wide range of community programs focused on disease management, prevention, and population health — free of charge — and no one is ever denied care because of inability to pay.
- Located in the beautiful western foothills of Maine, Norway is a scenic affordable community in the heart of a four-season recreational area.
- Surrounded by more than ten lakes and ponds, Norway is a haven for boating, swimming, fishing and ice skating.
- The nearby mountains provide hiking with vista views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range. Family ski resorts, including Sunday River, are less than an hour away.
- If your preference is for indoor activities, they are just down the road from Oxford Casino, and the Main Street in Norway is teeming with lovely small shops you can spend hours browsing in.
- On the outskirts of town, you'll find the natural beauty of Lake Pennesseewassee, Shephard's Farm Preserve which features Bernard Langlais sculptures, part of the statewide Langlais Art Trail, the unique old growth white pine trees in Ordway Grove, and the beautiful views and summer and winter trails in Roberts Farm Preserve.