Opportunity for Collaborative Leader to Impact System-Wide Patient Care as Highly Visible System Director of Case Management Outside San Francisco Bay Area!
- The System Director of Case Management provides daily operational oversight of inpatient care management functions across all health system facilities, including case management, care coordination, and discharge planning.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Care Management, responsibility areas for the System Director include efficient patient flow from admittance through discharge, employee education, the development of management staff, supporting the completion of financial analyses, and coordinating the health system’s Utilization Review Committee.
- The System Director will utilize relevant data and metrics to identify process improvement opportunities, create departmental procedures, move forward key initiatives, and ensure approaches are aligned with various stakeholders’ needs and regulatory guidelines.
- Must bring 7+ years of case management or quality experience, as well as progressive leadership in a large healthcare or system-level setting.
- Active licensure as a Registered Nurse required and can work towards obtaining a California license. BLS and CPI certifications required.
- Master’s degree required.
- Certification in Case Management (CCMC or ACM) preferred.
- Alameda Health System (AHS) is an integrated public health care system of five hospitals and four wellness centers with more than 800 total beds, 1,000 physicians, and 4,500 employees. Founded in 1864, the health system has a 150+ year legacy of serving the East Bay’s health care needs.
- The health system’s flagship hospital, Highland Hospital, is designated as a Level I Trauma Center and boosts nationally recognized medical and clinical teaching and research.
- The heart of the AHS mission – Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All – continues to drive innovation, change and growth as the system promotes wellness and eliminates health care disparities.
- As part of the San Francisco Bay Area, Oakland, California, is a city with historic architecture mixed with a thriving arts scene and dining options catering to every palette.
- A Mediterranean climate allows for enjoyment of year-round outdoor activities, such as paddle boarding, biking, or hitting the Grand Lake Farmers Market for some locally grown produce.
- Recently crowned the ‘West Coast's Best Local Food Scene,’ Oakland invites visitors to get lost in diverse menus and enjoy meals created by innovative chefs trained at top Bay Area restaurants.
- With 1,200 miles of trails to choose from, outdoor leisure is not hard to find. Go for a hike at Redwood Regional Park or a casual stroll around Lake Merritt in the heart of downtown Oakland.
- Oakland is a more affordable alternative to staying in the heart of San Francisco; save money where you live and still access all that San Fran has to offer in less than an hour.