Opportunity to Lead Large Risk Management and Safety Programs Across Entire State of California as New Director for Providence St. Joseph Health!
- Seeking Director to lead the comprehensive risk management and safety functions for all California medical groups and ambulatory locations of Providence St. Joseph Health. This innovative leader must be well versed in topics such as risk management, patient safety, Environment of Care (EOC), Emergency Preparedness, and healthcare compliance.
- The Director of Safety and Risk Management will partner closely with caregivers, physicians, and administrative leadership to ensure effective processes and trainings are in place to assess, identify, and manage risk.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Population Health Management, the Director will design and implement a facility-wide incident reporting system and serve as the key resource for resolving safety issues, all in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- This position is based in the Los Angeles area or Orange County, California, with occasional travel to clinic sites (10-20%).
- Must bring 8+ years in a leadership role. Acute and ambulatory experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or JD preferred.
- Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) is a national, Catholic, not-for-profit health system, and with 119,000+ employees, is one of the nation’s largest healthcare providers serving communities in Oregon, Washington, California, Montana, Texas, New Mexico, and Alaska.
- PSJH currently operates in seven states through 51 hospitals and 829 clinics where 24,000+ physicians serve more than 13 million patients each year. The health system’s California delivery spans the entire state and is comprised of 19 hospital sites.
- Since the 2016 combination of Providence Health and St. Joseph Health, areas of focus have included transformation, strengthening of its core, and growth. The health system has developed an institute model for specialty care across the seven states it serves – a virtual network that links all of its care locations, solving gaps in continuity of care for patients and creating a seamless experience for them and their families.
- Selected individual can choose to reside in Los Angeles area or Orange County, California, with occasional travel to clinic sites. Client is offering relocation assistance.
- Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis in southern California, with the Pacific Ocean to its West and the San Gabriel Mountains to its East.
- With its year-round Mediterranean climate, Los Angeles is the perfect place to get outside and be active – the city offers hiking trails for every level of hiker, exciting mountain biking trails, and miles of beaches offering robust waves and hidden coves.
- Sunset Boulevard alone sets corporate skyscrapers next to artsy villages, with cultural marketplaces just a few miles from upscale shopping.
- With more than three-million residents, Orange County is located about 1.5 hours outside the Los Angeles metropolitan area and includes its largest cities of Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Irvine.
- Orange County is home to Disneyland Resort and is well known for Newport, Laguna, and Huntington Beaches and Crystal Cove State Park, offering miles of Pacific coastline and inland canyons.