Oswego Health, in business for over 140 years, in beautiful upstate New York is searching for a Controller to join their team!
- The Controller is responsible for the overall operations of the Finance department for Oswego Health and affiliate locations.
- Reporting to Chief Financial Officer, this leader will oversee a team of 12 direct reports.
- This leader will oversee financial reporting, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, cash management, budget preparation, tax return preparation and oversight of annual financial statement and pension plan audits, financial analysis and regulatory cost reporting.
- Assist CFO with monthly reporting to Finance Committee.
- Ideal candidates will be accounting driven and enjoy coaching and mentoring.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible with changing needs and deadlines will be critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of financial management experience with preference to prior Hospital experience.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Oswego, located in northern New York on Lake Ontario, is a scenic city home to a very favorable cost of living.
- Residents enjoy the area’s beaches, unique shopping and bevy of outdoor activities like hunting, fishing, kayaking and golf.
- Dubbed “The Port City,” Oswego boasts an array of cultural and historical attractions such as Fort Ontario and the H. Lee White Marine Museum.
- Only 40 miles to Syracuse and just over an hour to Rochester.
- Oswego Hospital is a 164-bed, Joint Commission-accredited acute-care facility offering a full-spectrum of healthcare services.
- The hospital is an affiliate of Oswego Health which includes the Fulton Medical Center, Springside at Seneca Hill, a 168-acre independent retirement community, the Manor at Seneca Hill, a 120-bed skilled nursing facility, and 6 primary care clinics.
- The mission of Oswego Health is to provide accessible, quality care and improve the health of residents in our community and staff value teamwork, communication, compassion, quality, respect and ownership.
- Oswego Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
- Oswego Health is among the Top 5% in the nation for providing excellence in patient safety by preventing infections, medical errors and other preventable complications 2016-2020.