A Kansas City Healthcare Organization is looking for an Interim Medical Director to join their team
- The Interim Medical Director will be responsible for physician oversight and help drive patient outcomes and facility throughput initiatives at a large, high acuity, tertiary care hospital.
- This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- This leader will be tasked with group leadership and management initiatives. They will partner with the national hospital to assist in hospital capacity management initiatives. Lastly, this leader will help with retention strategies to help build a healthy team culture.
- Ideal candidates will be culturally sensitive, have high emotional intelligence and have previous leadership experience in high-volume, urban facilities with high-acuity patients.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Patient care is required.
- Active MD/DO license required.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Must have experience working in an inpatient leadership role.
- The residents of Overland Park enjoy a great community environment, high quality living, good school systems and all the perks of suburb living, while only being 30 minutes outside Kansas City.
- Kansas City has some of the best barbecue in the country, and an array of entertainment options, like the Country Club Plaza and the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
- Explore Kansas City’s thriving downtown and river market areas on the new KC Street Car, which makes traveling around Kansas City incredibly easy.
- Kansas City is also home to Royals baseball, Chiefs football, and Sporting KC soccer.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.