Join a rapidly expanding and state-of-the-art Medical Center in Southern California as its new Director of Quality Management!
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Quality Management is the administrative leader of the medical center’s quality management, performance improvement, and patient safety programs.
- Responsibility areas include providing relevant education and training across the hospital, developing reports for senior management and the governing board, establishing links between performance and outcomes, and facilitating quality management tools, including root cause analysis and failure mode effect analysis.
- Seeking a collaborative leader to prioritize team building and improving patient satisfaction scores.
- Must have a strong understanding of regulatory requirements, preferably The Joint Commission and Leapfrog, to effectively serve as the hospital’s resource to coordinate all regulatory activities and ensure compliance.
- Ideal individuals will bring 3+ years of leadership experience, as well as a strong clinical understanding of quality services in an acute care setting.
- Active RN license, Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), and bachelor’s degree required.
- Palmdale Regional Medical Center (PRMC) is a state-of-the-art hospital that provides high quality medical services to residents of the Antelope Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, and surrounding communities.
- With the recent addition of the Rehabilitation Institute, the hospital features 184 licensed acute care beds with future plans to grow to a 234-bed hospital. Offerings include inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac services featuring a STEMI Receiving Center (heart attack), and a 35-bed 24-hour emergency department that sees 70,000 annual visits. The organization currently has approximately 900 employees and more than 400 physicians.
- As part of PRMC’s expansion, construction was recently completed on a 33,000-square-foot Labor and Delivery Unit with the opening slated to occur in Summer 2021. The new unit, called the Birth Place, features all private labor, delivery, and recovery suites, as well as two surgical suites.
- The medical center was recently recognized as one of the 2020-21 Best Hospitals in Heart Failure Care by U.S. News & World Report and one of America’s Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery in 2021 by the Women’s Choice Award.
- Palmdale, California, is home to a mild climate, and residents enjoy an array of recreational activities including year-round golf, hiking, and mountain biking.
- Separated from Los Angeles by the San Gabriel Mountains, Palmdale lies 60 miles north from the heart of Los Angeles and is nicknamed the ‘aerospace capital of America’ due to its main industry being that of aerospace technology. The city boasts several unique attractions, such as the Joe Davies Heritage Airpark, the Prime Desert Woodland Preserve, and the Dry Town Water Park.
- The rapidly growing city boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year, and its location within an hour of Los Angeles gives residents easy access to beaches, amusement parks, and professional sports.