Leave Your Legacy as the First Director for a New 33,000-Square-Foot Labor and Delivery Unit!
- Exciting opportunity to serve as the first Director of Labor & Delivery for a new 33,000-square-foot unit, the Birth Place. This leader will play a key role in opening the department, building out high quality patient care programs, and impacting future growth.
- Oversight is Labor & Delivery and postpartum services, including approximately 30 FTEs, with plans to add a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The Director is responsible for fiscal management, staffing, performance improvement, and regulatory compliance for the department.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director will utilize relevant metrics and a collaborative approach to drive high standards of care across the department and hospital.
- Must bring significant clinical experience related to Women’s Health Services, with 3+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and specialty certification preferred.
- Active RN license required and can work towards obtaining a California license. BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- Palmdale Regional Medical Center (PRMC) is a state-of-the-art hospital that provides high quality medical services to residents of the Antelope Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, and surrounding communities.
- With the recent addition of the Rehabilitation Institute, the hospital features 184 licensed acute care beds with future plans to grow to a 234-bed hospital. Offerings include inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac services featuring a STEMI Receiving Center (heart attack), and a 35-bed 24-hour emergency department that sees 70,000 annual visits. The organization currently has approximately 900 employees and more than 400 physicians.
- As part of PRMC’s expansion, construction was recently completed on a 33,000-square-foot Labor and Delivery Unit with the opening slated to occur in Summer 2021. The new unit, called the Birth Place, features all private labor, delivery, and recovery suites, as well as two surgical suites.
- The medical center was recently recognized as one of the 2020-21 Best Hospitals in Heart Failure Care by U.S. News & World Report and one of America’s Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery in 2021 by the Women’s Choice Award.
- Palmdale, located in Los Angeles County, is home to a mild climate and is situated near the scenic San Gabriel Mountains. Residents enjoy an array of recreational activities including year-round golf, hiking, and mountain biking.
- The rapidly growing city boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year, and its location within an hour of Los Angeles gives residents easy access to beaches, amusement parks, and professional sports.