Enjoy the coastal mountains to the west and the bay to the east when you serve as Director of Clinical Nutrition at Stanford Health Care in sunny California!
- The Director will be responsible for the oversight of both the inpatient and ambulatory division including 3 supervisors and 66 registered dieticians.
- Provides leadership and management of fiscal, administrative, and clinical operations of the Department of Clinical Nutrition.
- Sets the strategy for clinical nutrition services within Stanford Health Care (SHC), leading the members of the department in achieving individual and departmental milestones related to the vision.
- The Director will have the ability to build a team of experts by coaching and developing current supervisors and staff members as well as creating a focus and vision around trust and communication within the department.
- Ideal candidates will bring significant leadership experience, specifically in a large, complex academic medical center environment.
- Must understand the broad scope of healthcare and bring knowledge as it pertains to ambulatory services.
- Must bring 10+ years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
- Master’s degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university required.
- Stanford Health Care is internationally renowned for expertise in areas such as cancer treatment, neuroscience, surgery, cardiovascular medicine and organ transplant, as well as for translating important medical breakthroughs into patient care.
- With an unmatched track record of scientific discovery, technological innovation and translational medicine, Stanford Medicine physicians are pioneering leading edge therapies today that will change the way health care is delivered tomorrow.
- From the suite of virtual care services – to their primary care offices throughout the Bay Area, outpatient clinics in Redwood City and Palo Alto, and Stanford South Bay Cancer Center – people from around the region and around the world turn to Stanford Health Care for comprehensive solutions to meet all of their health care needs.
- At the center of their health system will be the most advanced hospital in the world. The new Stanford Hospital will make their bold vision for compassionate, coordinated, leading edge care – personalized for the unique needs of every patient – a reality for more people than ever before.
- Although the leadership of Stanford Health Care and Stanford University work in close partnership, the hospital and university are separate legal entities. Stanford Health Care cannot access the university’s endowment, nor is the endowment part of the hospital’s budget.
- Palo Alto is located just 35 miles south of San Francisco, with the Bay to its East, and the coastal mountains to its West.
- The city has much to offer for all ages - from sculpture and botanical gardens to the infamous Stanford University campus.
- Palo Alto is home to some of the best restaurants in the Bay area, as well as the nationally acclaimed theater group, TheatreWorks.