Passionate Nursing Leader Needed to Oversee all Medical/Surgical Inpatient Units and 125+ FTEs as Hospital’s Next Director of Nursing!
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Nursing serves as the strategic and operational leader for all inpatient Medical/Surgical units with oversight for approximately 125 FTEs and 120 beds.
- Responsibility areas include financial management, regulatory compliance, the development of nursing standards of care and integrating such standards throughout the organization, driving improvements in patient satisfaction and quality metrics, and staffing with a focus on employee retention and education.
- Seeking a visible leader with strong clinical skills and a passion for nursing who can educate and inspire staff around delivering excellence in patient care.
- The Director will partner closely with clinical and non-clinical leadership across all departments and serve as a key member on multiple hospital-wide committees.
- Must bring 5+ years of progressive nursing leadership experience in Med/Surg or a related field.
- BSN and Master’s degree required.
- RN required. Must possess or be willing to obtain an active New York RN license.
- Long Island Community Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit community hospital. Licensed for 306 beds and with a Level III Trauma Center, the hospital serves more than 400,000 people in 28 different communities as Long Island’s only independent community hospital.
- As a DNV GL accredited organization, offerings include the Knapp Cardiac Care Center, the heart disease diagnosis and treatment facility, a new modern surgical pavilion, and high-touch services covering women’s imaging, sleep laboratory, orthopedics, and more.
- For the tenth year in a row, Long Island Community Hospital has earned the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus, Target: Stroke Elite award. In addition, the hospital has earned distinction on the Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Award and has been designated a Lung Cancer Screening Center by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Community Outreach has long been a mainstay for Long Island Community Hospital, with the organization participating in community health fairs and with senior and community centers and civic associations throughout the region.
- Considered a far-flung suburb of New York City, Patchogue is located 50 miles East of the “Big Apple” and has a population of 12,000+ within its 2.2 square miles village.
- Located in the Town of Brookhaven, Patchogue is a community in the eastern portion of Long Island. Known as a walkable community, the Village boasts many parks, recreational facilities and numerous sports leagues, holiday parades, an annual music festival, and recreation programs. The popular weekend destination, Fire Island National Seashore, is also close by.
- Brookhaven, New York, stretches from the north to the south shore, with access points to both the Long Island Sound and the Great South Bay.
- New York City, one of the most widely-recognized cities in the United States, holds many of our nation’s most iconic sites including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.