Collaborative pharmacy leader needed to serve as the new Director of Clinical Pharmacy at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”
- The Director of Clinical Pharmacy is responsible for driving innovative and effective clinical pharmacy practices for Phoenix Children’s Hospital. The Director plans, executes, and supports the organization’s clinical pharmacy strategies across all sites of care, while ensuring optimal patient outcomes and proper resource allocation.
- As an expert resource, the Director will serve on institutional and medical staff committees, including as Secretary of the organization’s Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee and member of the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- In collaboration with the Director of Inpatient Pharmacy Operations, this role will guide a growing team of over 110 FTEs. This role reports directly to the Vice President/Chief Pharmacy Officer.
- Competitive compensation and 15% bonus potential, with sign on bonus, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match immediately upon employment.
- The right candidate will bring 5+ years of progressive pharmacy practice experience, including 2+ years at the manager-level or above.
- Strong adult Pharmacy leader are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s or Doctoral degree in Pharmacy required. Master’s degree in business or other applicable healthcare field is preferred.
- Click here to see what Phoenix Children's Hospital is all about!
- As one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country, Phoenix Children’s Hospital delivers care across more than 75 pediatric specialties and is recognized as a Gold status leader in ECMO.
- The health system is the only children’s hospital in Arizona ever to have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report and one of only 22 children’s hospitals in the United States to rank in every surveyed specialty for 2021-2022.
- In 2019, Phoenix Children’s was named among the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Healthcare for the sixth consecutive year. Additionally, Phoenix Children’s was named Business of the Year and Exceptional Innovator by the Greater Phoenix Chamber in 2018.
- Phoenix Children's Hospital partnered with Dignity Health Mercy Gilbert Medical Center to construct a state-of-the-art Women’s and Children’s Pavilion, set to open in Spring 2023, adding a 60-bed Level III NICU, a 24-bed pediatric ER, six peds ORs, 24general pediatric beds, and an infusion center.
- Phoenix, Arizona’s lovely capital city, boasts a warm climate, a bevy of cultural and historical attractions, and breathtaking scenery. Phoenix offers an average high temperature of 85 degrees more than 325 days of sunshine per year.
- Enjoy one of Arizona’s four professional sports teams or year-round golf at one of the hundreds of area courses.
- Often referred to as the "Valley of the Sun," Phoenix is surrounded by mountain parks—including South Mountain Park and Preserve, the largest municipal park in the U.S. And, although Phoenix is in the Sonoran Desert, there are six lakes in close proximity where water lovers can kayak, paddleboard, Jetski, waterski, boat, fish or just lounge on the shore.
- For those who prefer indoor pursuits, Phoenix has some unique museums: The Heard Museum, celebrates Native American art and culture; Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West, features the art and history of the Old West and the Musical Instrument Museum, the largest museum of its kind in the world with a collection of over 15,000 instruments from 200 countries.