Director of Operations/Laboratory Services Needed for a Well-Respected Critical Access facility in the Mid-West!
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Operations/Laboratory Services will provide oversight for all clinical and hospital laboratory services, ensuring safe and cost-effective delivery that meets all regulatory requirements and patient and hospital standards.
- The Operations/Laboratory Director is responsible for managing the department’s budget, operating systems, quality improvement processes, and staffing with a specific focus on hiring and retention efforts to build a strong team.
- Seeking a leader to identify growth opportunities, create efficiencies and improve the department’s processes and outcomes.
- Must have 3-5 years of leadership/supervisory experience within a hospital setting
- Technical laboratory knowledge/experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Healthcare related field required.
- ASCP or Lab specific certification strongly preferred.
- Avera St. Mary’s Hospital is part of the Avera Health system, which serves South Dakota and surrounding areas of Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and North Dakota through 35 hospitals, 215 primary and specialty care clinics, 40 senior living facilities in addition to home care and hospice, sports and wellness facilities, home medical equipment outlets and more.
- In 2019, Avera Health was named to the inaugural Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and was ranked number 1 in South Dakota.
- Avera St. Mary’s Hospital consists of the 60-bed acute care hospital accredited by Joint Commission, Avera Maryhouse Long-Term Care, 23-bed Transitional Care Unit, and Avera Parkwood senior apartments.
- The hospital has been recognized as a Top 20 Rural & Community Hospitals by the National Rural Health Association, as well as in the top 10% in Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Hospital Value-Based Purchasing reimbursement program (8th out of nearly 3,000 hospitals).
- Pierre, South Dakota, is home to several parks and recreation areas, including two state parks LaFramboise Island Nature Area and Farm Island Recreation Area.
- Don’t leave without a trip to the South Dakota State Capitol. More than a place where bills are discussed and meetings take place, the building’s exquisite features and events make it a great stop for visitors.