New Director, Surgical Services Opportunity at a Hospital Tucked into Beautiful Mountain Landscape
- The Director, Surgical Services will report to the CNO and focus on connecting with staff (15 between OR and ambulatory) and building staff engagement, stabilizing recruitment and retention, as well as improving operating room efficiencies.
- Monitors and analyzes industry trends to identify patient safety initiatives; implements strategies toward improving performance.
- This role requires a candidate who can do hands on work and has the ability to work in the operation room, if needed.
- Knowledgeable regarding organizational/departmental policies and procedures; reviews and revises departmental policies at least annually.
- Minimum of five years clinical experience within the specialty; OR experience and leadership background preferred.
- BSN, BSL, ACLS and Active RN license required.
- Speare Memorial Hospital is a 100,000 square-foot critical access hospital that has served as a cornerstone of community health and wellness for residents and visitors to Central New Hampshire.
- Speare Memorial was named Hospital of Choice by the American Alliance of Health Care Providers and earned recognition as one of Becker's Hospital Review's 66 Critical Access Hospitals to Know in 2018.
- Speare is one of only eight critical access hospitals nationwide and the only hospital in New Hampshire to receive the National Rural Health Resource Center Recognition for Quality Award for excellence in innovation in healthcare.
- In Plymouth, you will enjoy close access to Loon Mountain, Cannon Mountain and Waterville Valley Ski Area.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will have the luxury of living amongst the beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire - You'll be in close proximity to Squam Lake, Newfound Lake and Lake Winnepesaukee.
- Located approximately two hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and Portland, Maine, Plymouth has a college town appeal with charming shops, restaurants and bookstores. Plymouth State University was started as a "teacher's college," and remains a leader in education programs today.
- The local Plymouth Theatre, the Flying Monkey Movie House and Performance Center, offers everything from blues, folk and rock music, to films and art exhibits and community theater children’s programs. Enjoy live music and shows played all throughout the year.
- Plymouth State University is part of the University System of New Hampshire and offers cultural and learning opportunities, as well as college sporting events, close to home.