Maine Hospital in beautiful Portland in Search of an Experienced, Hands-On Vice President of Nursing and Patient Care Services
- The Vice President of Nursing and Patient Care Services will maintain strong, credible relationships with medical staff, develops a community presence and builds connections with academic institutions.
- Strategizes and drives process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and/or operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety. Promotes a patient-centered, healing environment.
- Promotes the use and implementation of technology in the workplace in order to streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work processes.
- In collaboration with leadership team members, directs and provides oversight regarding the strategic development, implementation, and maintenance of strong, comprehensive clinical and/or operational services and programs that meet system-wide organizational growth initiatives and the needs of patient populations in the community.
- Meets established goals/national benchmarks in the areas of patient safety, patient experience and clinical outcomes.
- BLS, Active Maine RN license and Master’s degree required.
- Northern Light Mercy Hospital, an acute care, non-profit hospital in Portland, Maine, is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. We advocate for a society in which all can realize their full potential and achieve the common good. We give priority to those that society ignores.
- Northern Light Mercy hospital has a total of 230 inpatient beds. And at our newly-expanded Fore River campus, all rooms are now 100% private, enhancing a speedy recovery and a more restful, less stressful stay for our patients.
- The Mercy system provides a broad mix of medical, surgical, and outpatient services. In addition, we bring the Mercy Difference closer to you and your family through a growing number of family and specialty physician practices and several important community-based programs throughout the region.
- We are also a member of Northern Light Health, an organization dedicated to partnering with individuals and communities to improve health and well-being by providing high quality, cost effective services. Northern Light Health unites a network of providers and hospitals from Portland to Presque Isle because together, we’re stronger.
- Northern Light Mercy Hospital is proud to be the first state of Maine Daisy Award Hospital Partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor three times a year. This nurse's clinical skill and especially their compassionate care exemplify the kind of nurse that our patients, their families, and our staff recognize as an outstanding role mode. They consistently ensure the mission and values of Northern Light Mercy Hospital are being maintained. The DAISY Award (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurse's every day.
- Portland is the largest city in Maine, and is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor.
- The city, which was ranked 4th among the top 10 perfect places to live in America, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city, with a charming small-town atmosphere.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.