Join Maine Medical Center—Portland Campus, A Leading Healthcare Provider and the Largest Healthcare Organization in Maine, as the Director of Labor Relations!
- The Director of Labor Relations will be responsible for supplying service-driven human resources collaborations in addition to playing a key role in the management of labor and employee relations within the facility.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to management and HR Partners as it pertains to employment law, HR policies, labor relations and labor contract management.
- Ideal candidates will be collaborative, metrics driven, bring the ability to build engagement with staff, as well as demonstrate usage and knowledge of contractual language and engagement.
- The Director will work closely with senior leadership and executives as well as partner closely with the Chief Nursing Executive.
- Must bring working knowledge of NLRB, experience with human resource disciplines including employee relations, compensation practices, diversity, performance management, federal and state employment laws.
- Must bring previous union experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relative experience as it pertains to labor relations.
- MaineHealth is a not-for-profit health system dedicated to improving the health of patients and communities by providing high-quality affordable care, educating tomorrow's caregivers, and researching better ways to provide care.
- As the largest health care organization in Maine and a leading health care provider serving northern New Hampshire, MaineHealth is recognized as one of the nation’s top integrated health care delivery networks.
- The facility offers programs and services that support care delivery with a focus on standardizing evidence-based patient care across the continuum. They also support our communities by implementing best practice interventions.
- In keeping with their vision, mission and values, MaineHealth offers a wide range of community programs focused on disease management, prevention and population health — free of charge — and no one is ever denied care because of inability to pay.
- Portland is the largest city in Maine, and is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor.
- The city, which was ranked 4th among the top 10 perfect places to live in America, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city, with a charming small-town atmosphere.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.
- Bon Appetit magazine has dubbed Portland as the "foodie state," for its wide array of local dining options.