Opportunity to Direct the Orthopaedic Program for Northern Light Mercy Hospital! Join a Growing Organization With Construction Underway for a New Facility in Portland, Maine, One of the Top-Ranked Cities in America!
- The Director of Orthopaedic Services will lead the strategy and overall operations of the Orthopaedic Program for Northern Light Mercy Hospital (Mercy), ensuring a high level continuum of care for patients.
- Reporting to Mercy’s President, the Director’s responsibilities include business planning, budgeting, employee and patient safety, and quality improvement.
- This collaborative leader serves as the chief liaison between the hospital, physicians, and orthopaedic surgeons, while identifying strategic partnerships to achieve program growth and both local and system priorities.
- Must bring 5+ years of management experience in a healthcare setting, with 3+ years in orthopaedic related management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Northern Light Mercy Hospital is part of the Northern Light Healthcare System (formerly known as Eastern Maine Healthcare System (EMHS)), a statewide network of health delivery services that offers equal access to high quality care throughout the state of Maine. 90% of Maine’s population is within the Northern Light service area.
- Mercy Hospital is a non-profit hospital and sponsored Catholic ministry that encompasses two campuses with a combined bed-count of 230 beds, providing a mix of medical, surgical, and outpatient services.
- In 2019, Mercy Hospital was named to both Newsweek’s and U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” lists and received an ‘A’ grade from the Leapfrog Group for the sixth year in a row for meeting the highest patient safety standards in the country.
- Construction of a new $83 million facility, which is a two-year project that will add a hospital, medical office building, and ambulatory surgery center, will begin in Spring 2020 and is a prime example of Mercy Hospital's dedication to growth and progress.
- Portland is the largest city in Maine, and is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor.
- The city, which was ranked 4th among the top 10 perfect places to live in America, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city, with a charming small-town atmosphere.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.
- Bon Appetit magazine has dubbed Portland as the "foodie state," for its wide array of local dining options.