New Director of Molecular and Infectious Disease opportunity at NorDx, MaineHealth’s primary lab service and one of the Northeast’s largest, most sophisticated state-of-the-art laboratories
- The Director of Molecular/Infectious Disease provides leadership for the technical and quality assurance areas of the Molecular Pathology Department at NorDx, the primary lab service for MainHealth healthcare system.
- Responsible for all proficiency testing programs, regulatory compliance, and the selection, implementation, and preventative maintenance of all instruments/systems.
- The Director reports to and works in close partnership with NorDx’s Laboratory Director, and along with the Medical Director, will create short- and long-range strategic plans, new technical developments and improvements, and operating and capital budgets.
- Seeking a Director with strong technical expertise to serve as a partner and expert resource to senior leaders, clients, clinicians, and staff. Ensure all clinical laboratory personnel have the appropriate education and training to maintain necessary competencies.
- Must meet CLIA requirements for a Technical Supervisor.
- Licensed PhD and clinical pathology certification with 1+ years of lab training or experience in high complexity testing specialties performed; or Master’s degree in lab science and 2+ years of lab training or experience in high complexity testing specialties performed is required.
- NorDx is a member of and the primary lab service for MaineHealth hospitals and physicians. MaineHealth is a recognized healthcare leader in New England and Maine's largest integrated healthcare system. MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
- NorDx is a not-for-profit clinical laboratory that was established in 1976 as the first licensed independent laboratory in Maine. NorDx has grown to provide comprehensive, dependable, quality laboratory services to hospitals, physicians, long-term care providers, other laboratories and health care organizations throughout Northern New England. As a not-for-profit regional laboratory, NorDx is an integral part of the local healthcare community and remains committed to maximizing integration and comparability of laboratory data.
- NorDx’s main lab in Scarborough is a technologically advanced facility and helps make NorDx one of the largest, most sophisticated state-of-the-art laboratories in the Northeast. The facility covers 46,000 square feet and consists of high-tech instrumentation equipped with robotics. With a total employee complement of 625 FTEs, NorDx processes approximately four million tests annually.
- In addition to the primary lab site, NorDx manages the staff and laboratories in 11 hospitals. NorDx has nearly 800 client sites, including nursing homes, clinics, and provider organizations throughout the region. NorDx also has 11 Patient Service Centers throughout Maine and New Hampshire that add to the breadth and depth to the ability to deliver affordable services and enhance access to physicians and patients alike.
- The laboratory is committed to supporting its partners in healthcare by providing superior quality and cost-effective laboratory services which emphasize customer satisfaction, value, innovation, technology, and exceptional service. All aspects of diagnostic analyses are managed and executed thoroughly, accurately, and efficiently. Laboratory results are used in approximately 70% of decisions involved in the diagnosis, treatment, and the prognosis of any given illness.
- With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
- MaineHealth offers benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
- Portland is the largest city in Maine and is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor. A historic seacoast town, Portland offers a three-mile-long peninsula, funky vibe, working waterfront, loads of galleries, and hundreds of one-of-a-kind shops.
- The city, which was ranked #8 on U.S. News & World Report’s top 10 best places to live in the country, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city, with a charming small-town atmosphere.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.
- Bon Appetit magazine has dubbed Portland as the "foodie state," for its wide array of local dining options and award-winning restaurants serving everything from classic lobster rolls to exotic nouvelle cuisine.