Lead Laboratory operations and strategy as the next Director of Laboratory Services for Maine Medical Center’s 700+ bed facility, MaineHealth/NorDx largest and most sophisticated state-of-the-art laboratories!
- Reporting to the Senior Director, this leader will demonstrate a passion for improving laboratory operations while mentoring all team members and working closely with the providers/senior leadership within the medical center.
- The Director of Lab will oversee lab operations including planning aspects, coordinating lab activities with other facilities and will direct standardization and administration initiatives for Maine Medical Center.
- This leader will collaborate closely with site laboratory CLIA Directors to provide direction to ensure that quality, service, and organizational targets are effectively met.
- Overseeing approximately 120+ FTEs, the Director will support all organizational efforts around a superb organizational culture while focusing on patient safety, employee engagement, and service excellence.
- This leader will demonstrate a patient-centered mindset, compassion, excellent communication skills, and will focus highly on the individual needs of both patient and staff experience.
- Must bring laboratory licensing/certification such as MT, MLS, CLS, etc. as well as previous experience in lab leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
- Maine Medical Center is the flagship hospital of MaineHealth, which is an integrated health network comprising 12 local hospital and other health facilities that touch central, southern, and western Maine and eastern New Hampshire.
- Incorporated in 1868, Maine Medical Center is a licensed 700-bed facility, employing approximately 9,600 employees and serving as the state’s largest Medical center.
- Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center require an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only allopathic medical school program, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
- NorDx is a member of and the primary lab service for MaineHealth hospitals and physicians. MaineHealth is a recognized healthcare leader in New England and Maine's largest integrated healthcare system.
- NorDx has grown to provide comprehensive, dependable, quality laboratory services to hospitals, physicians, long-term care providers, other laboratories and health care organizations throughout Northern New England. As a not-for-profit regional laboratory, NorDx is an integral part of the local healthcare community and remains committed to maximizing integration and comparability of laboratory data.
- With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it.
- Portland is the largest city in Maine and is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor. A historic seacoast town, Portland offers a three-mile-long peninsula, funky vibe, working waterfront, loads of galleries, and hundreds of one-of-a-kind shops.
- The city, which was ranked #8 on U.S. News & World Report’s top 10 best places to live in the country, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city, with a charming small-town atmosphere.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.
- Bon Appetit magazine has dubbed Portland as the "foodie state," for its wide array of local dining options and award-winning restaurants serving everything from classic lobster rolls to exotic nouvelle cuisine.