Bring your expertise to Portland, named as the “Foodie City”, and join Main Medical Center as the Director of Perioperative Services!
- Known as the vital link between the mission and vision of Maine Medical Center, the Director of Perioperative services will ensure the delivery of safe patient and family centered care.
- The Director will provide oversight for the areas of Pre/Post Op, ASU and PACU including 2 managers and 1 educator as direct reports. These areas are supporting a 30 room Operating Room Suite.
- Collaborate with physicians, senior administration, directors and other professional colleagues to meet the continually changing, diverse challenges of the health care environment.
- Ideal candidates will be extremely flexible, have high level critical thinking skills, excellent leadership and communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to connect with staff.
- Maine RN license required.
- BSN degree required; Additionally, Master’s degree must but acquired or in progress.
Earn $5,000 For Referring a Peer!
- We value your help connecting us with qualified peers and are offering a special $5,000 bonus for a limited time if you refer a Perioperative leader who is placed in this role. Click the "Refer a Colleague" button or here to learn more.
- Maine Medical Center is a complete health care resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine, and northern New England.
- Incorporated in 1868, MMC is the state’s largest medical center, licensed for 637 beds and employing more than 9,600 people.
- Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only allopathic medical school program, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
- Maine Medical Center is the flagship hospital of MaineHealth, which is an integrated health network comprising 12 local hospital and other health facilities that touch central, southern, and western Maine and eastern New Hampshire.
- As a nonprofit institution, Maine Medical Center has provided more than $200 million annually in community benefits, delivering care to those who need it, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Portland is the largest city in Maine, and is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor.
- The city, which was ranked 4th among the top 10 perfect places to live in America, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city, with a charming small-town atmosphere.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.
- Bon Appetit magazine has dubbed Portland as the "foodie state," for its wide array of local dining options.