Become the Executive Director, Family Medicine at Richmond (FMR) within Oregon Health and Sciences University (OHSU) in Portland, Oregon.
- The Executive Director will lead the development and submission of periodic grant applications to HRSA/BPHC to ensure continued funding of FMR as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
- The ideal applicant will maintain good working relationships with the assigned federal project officer. They will ensure compliance with Federal FQHC regulations, core HRSA requirements, and preparation and completion for regular HRSA Operational Site Visits. They will also ensure adherence to PCMH standards of practice and CMS requirements (among others).
- The ideal applicant will demonstrate experience in leading all operational, strategic, financial and compliance functions within all departments.
- The ideal applicant will demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and blend with persons from diverse backgrounds and lifestyles, including the underserved, low-income, immigrants, and the homeless population that FMR serves.
- Desired experience in public health care services and administrative practices, including in-depth understanding of Federal/State funding entities (HHS/HRSA, OSHPD, DNV), as well as grants and certification programs, HRSA FQHC requirements, Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement strategies for FQHCs and budget preparation, financial records.
- A Master's degree in health care administration, finance, social service administration, clinical administration, or public administration from an accredited college or university is highly desirable. Bachelor's degree is required.
- FMR is a unique organization providing comprehensive, holistic healthcare embedded within the Family Medicine Department (DFM) at OHSU, an academic medical facility, to an underserved population in the Portland Metropolitan area.
- FMR offers care within all ages and covers multiple offerings from behavioral health, primary care, X-rays, lab draws, addiction treatment, women’s health, and same day visits etc.
- FMR opened its doors in 1996 and became an FQHC Look-Alike in 2004.
- The DFM has been ranked 1 or 2 by US News and World Report for the last 10+ years.
- OHSU is the only academic medical institution in the state. It has been recognized nationally for its research and listed as one of the top 100 hospitals nationwide by US News for the past 16 consecutive years. OHSU's breakthrough research leads to new cures, new standards of care, and a better understanding of the basic science that drives biomedical discovery.
- Portland, the largest city in the state of Oregon, hosts a population of more than 600,000 individuals. Richmond is one of the most colorful districts in Southeast Portland.
- This city has more than 90 formally recognized neighborhoods with distinct boundaries.
- The original downtown Portland is a bustling entertainment district, home to famous Saturday Market, Chinatown Museum and Lan Su Chinese Garden. The compact, walkable downtown offers easy access to great food, green spaces, cultural offerings and tax-free shopping.
- The oldest zoo west of the Mississippi is just minutes from downtown Portland via MAX light rail in Washington Park. The Oregon Zoo is home to 2,697 animals from more than 215 species.
- This scenic landscape is the perfect launchpad for outdoor activities and adventure, home to a sprawling urban forest, dozens of verdant public parks, gorgeous gardens and a sparkling river running through the middle of the city.