Head to Portland, Oregon, one of the nation’s fastest growing cities, to become an Interim Emergency Department Manager
- The Interim Emergency Department Manager will focus on stabilizing the department by addressing staff and patient engagement
- Ensure staffing meets daily demand, implement necessary programs to improve patient experience and strengthen accountability by encouraging a team culture
- Build relationships with doctors and drive overall efficiency for the ED
The Ideal Interim Leader
- Must have BSN degree
- Prior background as an ED nurse leader is required
- Master’s degree and union experience preferred
- Oregon RN license required
- Portland, the largest city in the state of Oregon, hosts a population of more than 600,000 individuals
- It boasts a reputation for manicured parks, eclectic nightlife, fine micro-breweries and distilleries, and nature that cuts right into the city
- The temperate climate provides residents and visitors with warm, dry summers and cool, rainy winters; making it an ideal location for the avid outdoorsman
- Packing an impressive array of theaters, museums and botanical gardens, Portland has created a name for itself as a culturally rich destination
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account. (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement.)
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!