Seeking Interim Nurse Manager of Emergency Department for Virginia Medical Center
- The Interim Nurse Manager of Emergency Department will oversee a 29 bed department with 52 FTE’s that serves around 100 patients a day.
- The Nurse Manager will focus on mentoring and encouraging growth within the department staff while enhancing operational efficiency and assist with regulatory compliance.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, positive thinking leader who is willing to jump in as needed and support patient flow.
- RN license required.
- Norfolk, Virginia, sits along the Chesapeake Bay, with seven miles of beaches! Visitors can enjoy strolling along sandy shores hunting for shells or getting out on the water with one of the many Harbor Cruises offering stunning views of the city.
- Travel + Leisure voted Norfolk one of America’s Favorite Places for 2016 and one of the Top 50 Places to Travel in 2017.
- The city has a thriving arts community, with new studios and galleries popping up all down the streets of the NEON Arts District.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!