Surrounded by spectacular water views, join Bon Secours, Maryview Medical Center as the next Director of Nursing, Med/Surg Telemetry.
- The Director of Nursing, Med/Surg telemetry will be responsible for the integration, facilitation, and coordination of administrative and clinical practice for the assigned nursing units.
- This role will report directly to the Associate Chief Nursing Officer and will oversee a team of approximately 35 FTEs consisting of bedside two Clinical Leaders, RN’s, CNA’s and a Unit Clerks.
- This position will be responsible for developing unit goals and objectives with staff based on analysis of clinical and managerial processes to improve patient outcomes and create a culture of excellence.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who engages in working in a service-oriented culture, they will need to be a professional role model, mentor and clinical educator for all members of the team.
- This leader will be able to demonstrate strong passion for creating rapport with teams and building effective working relationships.
- This leader must possess excellent communication skills, be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks in timely manner.
- Prior experience working inpatient services is required.
- BSN required. Masters preferred.
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center is a 346-bed not-forprofit, acute care facility licensed in the state of Virginia and serving approximately 282,790 residents primarily in Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and the counties of Isle of Wight and Southampton
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center is a historic, general medical and surgical hospital in Portsmouth, Virginia and affiliated with Bon Secours Health System. They are home to many of the region's leading health care services and attracts specialists from the best programs in the country.
- Patients can expect leading-edge technology including high-quality imaging services, da Vinci robotic surgical technology and advanced cardiac care that help patients transition from primary care to hospital care and rehabilitation.
- Keeping patients safe is the team’s number one priority at Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center. The facility has earned the nation’s top distinction for patient safety with an “A” grade from the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for the 3rd time in a row.
- It is Bon Secours commitment to be of service to all who need our care and help, especially the poor, underserved and dying. The entire team of physicians, nurses and health care givers embrace the calling entrusted to them, providing compassionate healing and service as modeled by our foundresses.
- Portsmouth is a laid-back, peaceful, historic seaport city in the heart of metropolitan Hampton Roads. The ocean is only 30 minutes away, downtown Norfolk is a 5-minute ferry ride across the Elizabeth River, and Colonial Williamsburg is a quick 45-minutes just up the road.
- Discover history, the arts, and new things to do for all in Portsmouth, Virginia. Some of the best ways to enjoy free time include getting outside and enjoying nature, playing golf, or getting your adrenaline pumping traveling at high speeds on an indoor racetrack. Or simply take a walk along the harbor or people watch from a sidewalk cafe.
- Art can be found throughout all of the areas of Portsmouth, but most notably in Olde Towne. The Portsmouth Cultural Arts District is home to over twenty public art installations including sculptures, murals, and even painted electrical boxes. Stop by the Portsmouth Arts and Cultural Center and enjoy the changing exhibits featuring local and regional artists.
- Don’t forget to include shopping on your list. From home and garden to bike sales & repairs, vintage thrift to marine, antique, and even skate shops, Portsmouth has a little something for everyone.
- When it comes to dining, Portsmouth is full of pleasant surprises. Classic, southern cooking. exotic spins on international cuisine, steaks, burgers, fries & big TV’s Portsmouth has it all. There’s no question good eating is part of the adventure of Portsmouth.