Join award-winning Vassar Brothers Medical Center as their new Director of Quality in beautiful Poughkeepsie, New York!
- The Director of Quality will serve as a key leader of the executive leadership team and will oversee comprehensive quality programs and strive to improve clinical outcomes, enhance value, and optimize patient care throughout Vassar Brothers Medical Center (VBMC), part of Nuvance Health.
- Reporting to the AVP of Nuvance Health Quality, the Director will oversee approximately 9 FTEs and collaborate with corporate leadership to establish goals, targets, and action plans to achieve implemented metrics, patient care quality initiatives, and optimal clinical outcomes.
- The Director will ensure that all operational procedures throughout the organization are aligned with local, state, and federal compliance protocols including The Joint Commission and the New York State Department of Health policies.
- They will serve as the hospital’s Co-chair for the Quality & Performance Improvement Committee (QPIC) and will facilitate agendas and presentation materials while reporting on quality dashboards, safety events, regulatory survey results, and ongoing quality improvement projects.
- The Director will oversee implemented programs/projects including incident reporting processes, readmissions, infection control, patient safety, mortalities, Emergency Department throughput, and patient experience.
- Seeking a hands-on leader who will be able to create positive working relationships with staff, physicians, and executive leadership members. This includes providing education, training, and mentorships to staff members while enforcing a positive and supportive work environment.
- The Director will coordinate the hospital’s physician peer review processes and will develop improvement plans while simultaneously monitoring, documenting, and analyzing both peer review findings and department/division reviews.
- Candidates will ideally bring extensive leadership experience with regulatory, infection control, and quality initiatives within an acute care setting.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Active RN license is required.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Quality leadership experience in an acute care setting is required.
- Founded in 1887, Vassar Brothers Medical Center (VBMC) is a 350-bed facility that serves New York’s Mid-Hudson Valley community and is part of the Nuvance Health System, a seven-hospital system.
- Nuvance Health is an integrated health system offering convenient, accessible, and affordable care to the members of their communities in Connecticut and New York.
- VBMC is passionate about delivering innovative care, including robotic orthopedic surgery, liver and pancreatic surgery, interventional neuroradiology, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), and surgical oncology to ensure that all patients receive individualized treatment options.
- A highly recognized organization, VBMC was recognized as a 2022-2023 Best Regional Hospital for excellence by U.S. News & World Report. Additionally, the facility was Designated by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) as a Robotic Center of Excellence, as well as recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) through the American College of Surgeons.
- VBMC specializes in cardiac services, cancer care, women and children’s services, and is the only Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in the region. Additionally, VBMC offers behavioral health, primary care, surgical services, imaging, inpatient pediatrics, and pathology services.
- Poughkeepsie, New York, is located off the banks of the Hudson River, in upstate New York, and is less than two hours from New Haven, Connecticut, and New York City.
- Once a railroad bridge, the Walkway Over the Hudson has views of the Catskill Mountains and the Hudson River. Right outside of the city sits the Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site includes a library and museum.
- Poughkeepsie is home to Vassar College, a nationally ranked academic institution recently ranked 14th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges.
- Poughkeepsie’s historic downtown offers world-class shopping and local cuisines for every palette including breweries, distilleries, farmers markets, and well-known restaurants.