Oversee Mother/Baby services at a New York Medical Facility as the new Nurse Manager of Mother/Baby Unit
- The Nurse Manager of Mother/Baby Unit is responsible for employees and activities within the Maternal Health unit, providing oversight to 30 beds dedicated to Mother/Baby services
- The Nurse Manager serves as the subject matter expert for evidence-based practices, regulatory standards and quality patient care for the department
- Examine current processes and models of care, conduct analysis to determine areas needing improvement, and improve quality metrics
- Must have an MSN and 5+ years’ experience as a maternal health nurse leader in an acute care facility
- Active New York RN license and experience in a high-volume, high acuity hospital is strongly preferred
- Union experience is a plus
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center (VBMC) is a major medical facility that is a member of HealthQuest network, a non-profit family of 4 hospitals and healthcare centers in the Hudson Valley area
- Serving the area since 1887, VBMC is a 365-bed facility that houses the first and only cardiothoracic surgery center between Westchester and Albany, a state-of-the-art birthing center, pioneering centers for advanced surgery and wound care, and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center is in the process of constructing a seven-level inpatient pavilion with 264 private medical/surgical rooms and 30 critical care rooms, set to open in 2020
- Poughkeepsie, New York, is located off the banks of the Hudson River, in upstate New York, and is less than two hours from New Haven, Connecticut, and New York City
- Once a railroad bridge, the Walkway Over the Hudson has views of the Catskill Mountains and the Hudson River. Right outside of the city sits the Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site includes a library and museum.
- Poughkeepsie is home to Vassar College, a nationally-ranked academic institution recently ranked 14th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges.
- Poughkeepsie’s historic downtown offers world-class shopping and local cuisines for every palette.