Elevate Healthcare Excellence, as the Director of the Operating Room at Highlands ARH Regional Medical Center, located in picturesque Prestonsburg, Kentucky!
- The Director of the Operating Room will oversee a dynamic 5-bed OR unit, spearheading service development, adept personnel management, and strategic resource allocation and control. This pivotal role is dedicated to fortifying and elevating patient care standards.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a team of ~22 FTEs, including Clinical Nurse Managers, RNs, LPNs, Surgical Assistants, and/or clerical staff.
- This visionary leader will play a pivotal role in successfully navigating the OR expansion project to fruition, guaranteeing the meticulous implementation of best practices. They will also work to improve culture and relationships between staff, physicians and senior leadership.
- Ideal candidates will need to be an experienced leader, with a strong fortitude for addressing people/relationships. Must be capable of holding staff accountable, being firm but in a supportive nature.
- BSN required; MS preferred. CNOR certification preferred.
- Active KY or Compact state RN license required.
- Must possess a minimum of three years’ experience’ in a leadership role, and a minimum of five years relevant nursing experience.
- There is SO MUCH to do in the Star City of Kentucky! Choose your adventure. Enjoy the outdoors and trails, see a concert in a state-of-art theater, dine according to your cravings and satisfaction, or take a leisure walk around the city and meet our friendly community.
- Stone Crest Golf Course is a unique facility owned and operated by the City of Prestonsburg, located in Southeastern Kentucky. The course sits on 700 acres of mountain top land and offers amenities such as a pro shop, club repairs, practice green, driving range, clubhouse and lounge.
- Prestonsburg offers a number of equine activities for horse enthusiasts. Facilities are available for boarding, in addition to sanctioned horse shows, racing and rodeos.
- Prestonsburg is located within a two-hour driving distance of Lexington.
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH), the Healthcare System of Appalachia, and ranked as one of the Top 10 Employers in Kentucky by Forbes Magazine, is a not-for-profit health system operating 14 hospitals.
- Highlands ARH Regional Medical Center is a 192-bed, nonprofit healthcare facility operated by Appalachian Regional Healthcare in Prestonsburg, Kentucky. The hospital serves the counties of Floyd, Johnson, Martin, and Magoffin, a combined population of over 90,000!
- ARH Medical Center offers a variety of services including behavioral health, heart and vascular care, labor and delivery, oncology, pulmonology, cardiology, orthopedics and sports medicine. Additionally, the hospital operates both an inpatient and two outpatient pharmacies.
- Highlands ARH Regional Medical Center is a Level IV Trauma Center and has received the Bronze Stroke Certificate as well as DNV certifications for Cancer Care and Chest Pain.