Seeking Research Accounting Leader to Serve as New Director for All Health System Projects at Care New England, Located Just an Hour Outside Boston!
- The Director of Research Accounting will lead all financial aspects of research and academic accounting for Care New England health system’s externally and internally funded research projects.
- Oversight areas include monitoring the pre-award, post-award, and research finance processes for grants and clinical trials, as well as ensuring compliance to applicable regulations.
- Reporting to the VP and Chief Accounting Officer, the Director will serve as the technical expert to stakeholders and as the primary liaison between the Accounting Department and Research Divisions.
- Must bring 10+ years of supervisory experience related to research accounting, preferably in a hospital or health system environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- National Accreditation/Certification as a Research Administrator required.
- Care New England Health System is a non-profit health system that fuels the latest advances in medical research, attracts the nation’s top specialty-trained doctors, and hones renowned services and innovative programs.
- The broad range of services include primary care, surgery, cardiovascular care, oncology, psychiatry, behavioral health, newborn pediatrics, and the full spectrum of women’s health services.
- Care New England is comprised of three hospitals: Butler Hospital and Women and Infants Hospital, both in Providence, and Kent Hospital in Warwick. Additional facilities include The Providence Center, which is Rhode Island’s leading mental health provider, and VNA of Care New England that offers visiting nurse and home health and hospice services.
- As one of Rhode Island’s largest employers, Care New England serves the southeastern New England community and many of its hospitals are teaching affiliates of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
- Providence is the capital of Rhode Island located just one hour from Boston, Massachusetts, and has a rich history as one of the country’s oldest cities.
- Home to Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design, Providence combines the accessibility and friendliness of a small town with the culture and sophistication of a big city.
- One of the nation’s hottest culinary destinations, the city has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past 50 years, boasting a thriving arts community, vibrant and diverse neighborhoods, a renowned restaurant scene, and more.
- Enjoy local favorites like WaterFire Providence, a series of bonfires along the three rivers near downtown, or explore the waterways by gondola or kayak.