Seeking a strategic leader to join community-centered Mercy Medical Center Redding as their new Director of Oncology in Redding, California!
- The Director of Oncology is responsible for coordinating the overall operations of Oncology services to ensure optimal performance, ensuring that Mercy Medical Center Redding follows all regulatory standards.
- The Director will be an essential role as the organization expands their outreach by building a new ambulatory oncology center, merging three centers together to collectively provide medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, and education services.
- Seeking a passionate cancer service line leader to collaborate closely with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to strategically build the oncology services to provide optimal patient care.
- The Director will develop and maintain hospital and department policies and protocols and will select and train team members in accordance with the organizational philosophy, including guaranteeing appropriate staffing levels.
- This leader will manage the development of the departmental operating budget and will make necessary implementations to ensure budgeted expenses, resources, and staff productivity are within compliance regulations.
- The Director of Oncology must meet all organization standards/values and will be willing to serve and contribute to the overall mission of the organization in all aspects, creating a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Mercy Medical Center Redding is a 266-bed hospital that offers major medical services including a Level II Trauma Center specializing in Cardiovascular, Stroke, Orthopedic, Neurological, Cancer, Maternity, and Robotics Surgery.
- Mercy Medical Center Redding offers a wide variety of Oncology services including Chemotherapy, Radiation, Genetic Testing, Pathology, and Mammography to ensure that each patient receive high-quality patient care, as well as individualized treatment plans.
- With trained specialists at hand, Mercy Medical Center Redding will deliver personal coordination and guidance through diagnosis, treatment, and recovery stages for all Oncology patients, and will also provide educational and community resources.
- Mercy Redding is a part of the Dignity Health System, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, with more than 39 hospitals serving communities in Arizona, California, and Nevada. Additionally, the hospital is proud to obtain a partnership with Stanford for Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Mercy Redding has received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award for eight consecutive years. Mercy Redding was recently recognized by U.S. News & World Report for high performance in all five areas of adult care including knee and hip replacement, heart failure, bypass surgery, and pulmonary disease.
- With a high focus on patient-centered care, Mercy Redding values compassion, inclusion, integrity, excellence, and collaboration to ensure that both staff and patient needs are consistently met.
- Nestled in the north end of the Sacramento Valley, Shasta County and its three cities, Redding, Anderson, and Shasta Lake are just 2.5 hours from the city of Sacramento.
- While strolling through Redding’s downtown Market Street, you’ll find an array of local restaurants, boutiques, local coffee shops, and friendly locals
- Redding offers many breweries in their downtown district as well as their locally famous Riverfront Playhouse Theatre, Behrens-Eaton House Museum, and Redding Civic Auditorium to offer a vast variety of shows and entertainment.
- Redding is an outdoor paradise for young and old alike featuring mountains all around, a river running through the town, and national parks in every direction. Cradled by Mount Shasta and Mount Lassen, Redding has 300+ sunny days per year.
- Redding is also known for its famous Sundial Bridge, not to mention world-class fishing and 200 miles of hiking and biking trails for all abilities.
- It is easy to head out on a daytrip to see the bubbling mud pots and boiling lakes in Lassen Volcanic National Park or get refreshed by the waterfall at McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park.