Interim Microbiology Lab Manager needed in Indiana hospital + great opportunity for growth and professional development!
- The Interim Microbiology Lab Manager will be responsible for the oversite and day to day operations of the molecular testing, microbiology and serology areas.
- This role will report directly to the Lab Director and will have three FTE reporting to them.
- This leader will play a large role in assisting with the hiring of new employees to the department, job retention strategies and assisting to build team morale and work to create a cohesive environment.
- The ideal candidate will be able to resonate and understand the facilities Mission, Vision, & Values and be able to convey that to the team. They will need to have a strong personality in order to be comfortable in bridging the gap between lab and non-lab employees. They should also be someone of high integrity, who will provide accountability and have great people skills.
- Ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in microbiology and will not be afraid to jump in and fill the gaps working the bench.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MLT or MT Board certified also required.
- Richmond is brimming with natural beauty, unique history, and a vibrant culture.
- For those who love city life, Richmond hosts a Civic Theater, a professional Richmond Symphony Orchestra, many diverse museums, and countless restaurants and nightlife experiences.
- And whether it’s hiking at Hayes Arboretum, exploring at Cope Environmental Center, biking on the Cardinal Greenway, or enjoying time with your family at one of our 19 tremendous public parks, Richmond is home to a wide array of opportunities to reconnect with and enjoy the outdoors.
- Need to get away for the weekend Richmond is a quick 1 hour 30 minute drive to popular tourist destinations such as Indianapolis, IN or Cincinnati, OH.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.