Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for the administration, management and leadership of the general operations of UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center including Surgical Services, Ambulatory Services, Quality Management, Risk Management, Diagnostic Services, Facilities & Plant Operations, Environmental Services, Dietary Services, Rehabilitation and Respiratory Services, Laboratory Services, Pharmacy, Security, Information Technology and Volunteer Services. Ensure policies and procedures are developed, administered and monitored for efficient, effective management of all programs. Supports the UNM Health System and the UNM Health Sciences Center by coordinating with the Department Chairs of the School of Medicine, College of Pharmacy and other schools to support clinical teaching and research missions.
UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center (SRMC) is located in the Rio Rancho City Center near the Rio Rancho City Hall and UNM West. The 200,000 square foot acute care facility is home to a total of 72 inpatient beds comprised of two 24-bed medical/surgical units, 12 intensive care beds and 12 senior behavioral health beds. The facility also includes 13 emergency medicine beds, two of which are equipped for behavioral health crisis intervention. The facility is served by hospital-based, UNM Faculty Physicians in the areas of Radiology, Pathology, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry and Hospitalists.
At UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center, you'll get the personal attention of a community hospital, with the expertise and resources of an academic health care facility. Our team of community providers and UNM Health offer a level of quality and safety you won't find anywhere else in New Mexico.
SRMC’s mission is to improve the overall health of the community by providing the highest-quality health care services that meet the needs of Sandoval County's diverse population, as well as providing, increasingly over time, health care and medical educational opportunities through partnerships with theUNM School of Medicine,UNM College of Nursing,UNM College of PharmacyandCentral New Mexico Community College.
- Undergraduate degree and a Master’s degree in business administration, nursing, public health, and/or health services administration.
- DNP or PhD in Nursing preferred but not required.
- Prior operational experience in surgical services a plus.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive administrative experience in healthcare including a community hospital setting.
- Clinical knowledge that is credible and builds trust with all clinical staff.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission and CMS standards applicable to all clinical areas.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of revenue producing service lines and vision to identify new opportunities.
- An energetic leader who is able to build trusting, collaborative, and effective relationships within the organization as well as UNM Hospital and Medical Group.
- Visible, approachable, highly engaged leader with the ability to inspire, challenge, and motivate others to achieve common goals; the ability to gain trust, credibility, loyalty, and respect.