Exciting Opportunity to Lead the Creation of the Faculty Recruitment Department at one of the Nation’s Leading Academic Medical Centers!
- The Director is responsible for building a centralized Faculty Talent Acquisition department, with leadership for the full scope of recruitment activities related to internal and external faculty candidates across the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC).
- Reporting to URMC’s Senior Director of Talent Acquisition, the Director will create a recruitment program that delivers a best-in-class experience for all candidates and aligns with the University of Rochester’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- This leader must be a strong communicator with a focus on building partnerships across the organization to garner buy-in for centralized recruitment practices and develop a program that meets the needs of all stakeholders.
- The Director serves as the organization’s faculty recruitment expert and will share best practices across the organization. Additional oversight areas include implementing metrics to assess program effectiveness, vendor management, developing marketing materials, and regulatory compliance.
- Must bring 3+ years of experience leading a recruitment function and team, preferably in an academic medical center or healthcare organization of similar complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree required. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- The University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) is one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers that forms the centerpiece of the University of Rochester’s health research, teaching and patient care missions.
- The medical center includes Strong Memorial Hospital, the Eastman Institute for Oral Health, the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry with its faculty practice (University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group), and the University of Rochester School of Nursing.
- UR Medicine’s flagship facility, the 886-bed Strong Memorial Hospital, is designated as a Level I regional trauma and burn center and offers some of the top clinical programs in the nation as recognized by US News & World Report.
- Over the last five years, URMC has garnered more than $1.18 billion in biomedical research, landing the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in the top 26th percentile of U.S. medical centers in federal research funding.
- With more than 26,000 employees, URMC is the largest component of the University of Rochester, the largest private sector employer based in Upstate New York and the sixth-largest employer in the state.
- Rochester is situated on the southern shore of Lake Ontario and is also part of New York’s breathtaking Finger Lakes region. Known for its vast selection of family-oriented activities and attractions, Rochester hosts nearly two million visitors each year and is the third largest city in New York State.
- In addition to offering world-class events throughout the year, Rochester is conveniently located close to other top destination spots, including six hours from New York City, 3.5 hours from Toronto, and 90 minutes from Niagara Falls.
- In recent years, Rochester has been named to a U.S. News & World Report list of the 20 best places to live in the United States for quality of life.
- Rochester sits at the center of 100 Must-See Miles of the Erie Canal which when opened in 1825, made Rochester the country’s first “boomtown.” Today, the historic canal thrives as an active recreational waterway with towpaths, shops and charming towns telling America’s story of “how the west began!”