“The Forest City” is calling for the new Director of Surgical Services to join Mercy Health Javon Bea Hospital
Competitive relocation and sign-on package offered!
- The Director of Surgical Services will provide oversite for 2 locations including 175+ FTE, 14 departments, and 4 managers.
- Seeking a strong, collaborative leader with the ability to make difficult decisions, foster relationships with leaders and doctors, as well as work to drive volume.
- Must bring the ability to develop, articulate and implement a strategic vision for the organization.
- Ideal candidates will be visible, strong problem solvers, and demonstrate a willingness to work hands-on with the team.
- 3+ years of progressive hospital nursing leadership experience; Magnet experience preferred.
- BSN required; Master’s preferred.
Earn $5,000 For Referring a Peer!
- We value your help connecting us with qualified peers and are offering a special $5,000 bonus for a limited time if you refer a Perioperative leader who is placed in this role. Click the "Refer a Colleague" button or here to learn more.
- January 5, 2019 marked the opening of our newest hospital—the Javon Bea Hospital–Riverside. Conveniently located off of I-90 at Riverside Boulevard in Rockford, Illinois, this state-of-the-art facility is a place of peace and healing.
- The 563,000-square-foot hospital and clinic serves as the regional hub for highly specialized care for children and adults. The 194- bed facility is full of abundant light, inviting surroundings, and the most advanced technology available today.
- The unparalleled skills of their multi-disciplinary specialists, highly trained nurses and other providers ensure patients receive high-quality, compassionate care.
- Mercyhealth is committed to providing exceptional hospital care throughout southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
- Rockford is often referred to as “The Forest City”, and its tree-lined streets are home to an abundance of affordable housing and friendly neighborhoods.
- Rockford is home to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Laurent House, Rock Cut State Park, Anderson Japanese Gardens, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History – being the third-largest city in the state of Illinois, there are plenty of activities for everyone to enjoy .
- The thriving metropolis of Chicago is located just over two hours from Rockford, making for easy access to fine dining, world-class shopping, and non-stop entertainment.