Chief People Officer opportunity in Massachusetts
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer and working in partnership with the members of the senior leadership team, the Chief People Officer will have responsible for the delivery of high-quality, customer focused, and progressive human resource services across HSL. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse, vibrant, non-profit, mission-driven organization that offers seniors a breadth of services and is consistently recognized by its employees as a “Top Place to Work.”
The Chief People Officer will develop and oversee the human resource management function, including the development and implementation of policies and programs that contribute to the recruitment, engagement, development, and retention of high performance/high potential employees throughout Hebrew SeniorLife (HSL).
Most critically, the Chief People Officer will develop a strategy to attract and retain the talent needed at all levels of the organization to serve the residents, patients, family members and key stakeholders of the various sites and services that comprise HSL.
Hebrew SeniorLife (HSL) is a nationally recognized leader in compassionate, innovative, high quality senior services. The vision of Hebrew SeniorLife is to redefine the experience of aging: by reimaging senior living, redefining senior health care, and rediscovering every senior’s potential through teaching and research.
This Harvard Medical School-affiliated, non-profit, mission-driven organization was founded in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston more than a century ago in the spirit of the Jewish tradition to honor elders and care for the most vulnerable. Since then, HSL has evolved and grown to meet the changing needs and expectations of seniors and their families, offering a breadth of services to seniors of all religions, cultures, races, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender expressions. Through HSL’s continuum of health care and senior living services, HSL has established a record of long-term excellence and today serves more than 3,000 seniors in greater Boston every day.
Hebrew SeniorLife impacts the lives and futures of seniors well beyond greater Boston, nationally and internationally. HSL’s innovative programs in areas such as wellness and chaplaincy have been a model for senior services organizations across the U.S. HSL’s training programs prepare tomorrow’s clinicians – geriatricians, psychologists, therapists, and more- to meet the specialized health care needs of seniors, supporting a critical provider pipeline for the future as our population ages. HSL’s research programs support discovery to impact the future for senior health and quality of life around the world.
Our ideal candidate will specifically possess:
- BA/BS or equivalent and advanced degree required.
- 10+ years related human resources experience, with a minimum of 5-7 years in a Human Resources leadership position.
- Must have experience in a service-oriented industry and a track record of leading teams/staff who provide direct care services.
- HR leadership experience in multi-site and matrix organizations is strongly preferred.
- Track record of modernizing recruitment /talent acquisition is strongly preferred.
- Experience partnering with a diverse workforce is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership development experience.
- Experience implementing technology to increase efficiency and accuracy is preferable; experience implementing HRIS is beneficial.
- Experience in academic setting is beneficial, but not required.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.