Join Maine’s Most Comprehensive Behavioral Healthcare Organization as Their Chief Executive Officer!
- The CEO will serve as a key member of the executive team, assuming ultimate administrative responsibility and authority for the organization and its programs of service and leading the organization’s long-term planning efforts by providing strategic leadership to the President’s Council.
- Seeking a leader with the ability to maintain a collaborative and professional environment, work to strengthen relationships with businesses, nonprofits, government entities, and officials state-wide as well as communicate a clear vision that is compelling, widely supported, and effectively implemented.
- Additionally, the CEO serves as the public face and official spokesperson of Sweetser, promoting the mission and services to all constituencies, the general public, and the media.
- Experience in a behavioral health setting is strongly preferred.
- Must bring 10+ years administrative responsibility, preferable at the executive level.
- Sweetser is a private, nonprofit community mental health provider that is Maine’s most comprehensive behavioral healthcare organization. With a statewide network of care, Sweetser offers services to people of all ages in mental and behavioral health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, recovery, and education.
- As the state’s largest mobile crisis service provider, Sweetser supported 3,481 mobile crisis interventions in 2020 and serves approximately 20,000 children and adults each year. Sweetser’s service offerings include community-based, crisis, outpatient, residential, and educational.
- Advocacy on behalf of their clients is a priority for Sweetser. To support programs that serve children, families and adults in Maine, Sweetser works with other nonprofit mental health providers. The Behavioral Health Community Collaborative includes KidsPeace, The Opportunity Alliance, Oxford Mental Health, Shalom House, Spurwink, Sweetser, and Volunteers of America Northern New England.
- Nationally recognized and accredited, Sweetser was awarded the Margaret Chase Smith Quality Award in 2002, recognizing the organization’s achievement integrating quality improvement throughout an expansive network of care.
- Located less than 20 minutes from Maine’s largest city Portland, Saco sits between seven miles of sandy ocean beaches to the east and the beautiful Saco River to the west.
- Less than two hours from Boston, Massachusetts, Portland is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor.
- Portland, which was ranked 4th among the top 10 perfect places to live in America, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city with a charming small-town atmosphere and easy access to beautiful beaches.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.