Opportunity to serve as Chief Nursing Officer for one of SSM Health’s top-ranking hospitals!
- The Vice President of Patient Care/Chief Nursing Officer is the hospital’s senior nursing leader and a key member of the executive team, who will work collaboratively to set the hospital’s future vision and engage employees around a shared purpose of patient care excellence.
- Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer, this leader promotes team building, a culture of employee engagement and development, and metric- and compassion-driven decision making.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term initiatives that are aligned with broader organization priorities around streamlined and efficient nursing operations, clinical outcomes, quality improvement, safety, readmissions, and patient satisfaction.
- Additional responsibility areas include regulatory compliance, human resource management, fiscal management, and mentoring nursing leadership.
- Must bring 8+ years of nursing experience, with 4+ years in a leadership role.
- Active Registered Nurse license and Master’s degree required.
- SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a member of SSM Health, a not-for-profit Catholic health system that serves the Midwest through its 23 hospitals. The hospital is specifically part of the SSM Health St. Louis market with eight hospitals, nearly 2,500 staff physicians, 11,500 employees, and a commitment to serving the comprehensive health needs of St. Louis area residents.
- Located conveniently in historic downtown St. Charles, the 333-bed acute care hospital is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, a Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center, and focuses on many additional specialties.
- In 2021, SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital was awarded Healthgrades America's 250 Best Hospitals honor. The hospital also received the Healthgrades America's 50 Best Hospitals award for vascular surgery. In 2020, the hospital received the Missouri Hospital Association (MHA) Distinguished Service Award.
- Just west of St. Louis you'll find St. Charles, Missouri, a river city with a unique historical perspective, beautiful sites, friendly people and a pace just a little slower than that of the big city.
- St. Charles is known for its many festivals such as the Christmas Traditions Festival – considered one of the nation’s largest. Lying near the eastern edge of the Katy Trail, the area provides many opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Founded some 250 years ago, this vibrant community flourishes around the authentic ambiance of its Main Street Historic District, restored and maintained by local residents dedicated to preserving the town's river heritage. For history buffs, foodies and savvy shoppers alike, St. Charles is a can't-miss experience.
- Centrally located between top destination sites, St. Charles is less than a four-hour drive from Kansas City, MO, Indianapolis, IN, and Louisville, KY, and five hours to Chicago, IL and Nashville, TN.
- Nearby, St. Louis is home to many attractions such as the Gateway Arch, the City Museum, the St. Louis Zoo, world-class dining and shopping, professional sports teams, and an abundance of recreational activities.