Exciting opportunity to serve as Interim Vice President (VP) of Operations in a Saint Louis University Hospital!
- The Interim VP of Operations will be responsible for developing strategy and providing leadership for the operational processes across the organization.
- This role will be reporting to the organizations President.
- This leader will be expected to serve as a member of the leadership team providing strategic direction on operational related issues. They will be expected to work effectively as a team member in a dynamic executive environment in a matrix organization and promotes teamwork within and across the organization by maintaining positive relationships and utilizing effective problem-solving skills.
- The ideal candidate will be strong operator with 10 years’ experience working in operations and 5 years’ experience in leadership role. Candidates will have worked in Academic/Teaching Hospital and Trauma Center experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred.
- Must be available to start within two weeks of acceptance.
- Located on the Mississippi River, St. Louis, Missouri, is home to many attractions such as the Gateway Arch, the City Museum, the St. Louis Zoo, unique neighborhoods, world-class dining, an abundance of recreational activities, and Civil War sites.
- According to Niche.com, St. Louis, Missouri sits at #34 on the Best Cities for Young Professionals in America and #56 on the Cities with the Lowest Cost of Living in America lists.
- Head over to Busch Stadium in your free time and cheer on the 11-time World Series Champion Cardinals.
- Centrally located between top destination sites, St. Louis is less than a four-hour drive from Kansas City, MO, Indianapolis, IN, and Louisville, KY, and five hours to Chicago, IL and Nashville, TN.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.