Become the next Director of Internal Audit and Compliance for a large and well-respected organization in Northern California!
- The Director of Internal Audit and Compliance will work collaboratively with executive leadership and management in Internal Audit, Compliance, and Ethics program development and implementation.
- Identifies the System’s risk areas and develops and implements auditing, monitoring, and oversight of internal control processes.
- Oversees implementation of education and training programs to ensure all System employees, Board Members, physicians, and contracted employees are knowledgeable of Federal and State healthcare requirements in SVMHS’s Corporate Compliance Program.
- Develops a strong collaborative relationship with the organization’s leadership team to foster a teamwork approach toward decision-making and problem resolution in auditing and compliance matters.
- Ideal individual will be seasoned within the acute care setting and have at least 5+ years' experience in both Internal Auditing and Compliance within the healthcare industry.
- Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital is a 269-bed acute care public facility. The organization is part of a network of urgent care and surgery centers, the only Perinatal Diagnostic Center in the region, and an Emergency Department that provides care to more than 44,000 patients every year.
- This public district hospital offers a number of centers of excellence, advanced technology, and specialized programs that range from a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to the Harden Memorial Heart Program.
- The facility is named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report, has earned "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®" recognition from The Joint Commission, and has received numerous awards and accolades by independent third-party organizations.
- The mission of Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System is to provide quality healthcare to its patients and to improve the health and well-being of the community. In 2018, the hospital received the American Heart Association Silver level recognition for Workplace Health Achievement and Lifeline® Bronze Plus Receiving Quality Achievement Award.
- Located on the coast of California, Salinas/Monterey Bay is a beautiful area that plays host to picturesque vineyards and agricultural farmsteads, giving it the nickname “The Salad Bowl of the World.”
- The cool and moderate temperatures make enjoying the costal activities, the California Rodeo, the California International Airshow, and the world-famous Steinbeck Festival possible all year round.
- With the Pacific Ocean and Monterey Bay located 12 miles away and the El Gabilan Mountains surrounding the city, the community of Salinas is one of California’s jewels.
- Monterey Bay and the Salinas Valley is the equivalent of living in paradise, and the relaxed atmosphere makes it the perfect place for any individual. Enjoy weekends on the beach and trips to the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium that hosts thousands of tourists each year.
- Salinas, California is less than two hours from San Francisco and one hour from San Jose.