Seeking Hands-On Leader as The Director of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics in Major City Ranked as One of the Best Places to Live in the USA!
- Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, The Director of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics oversees 5+ direct reports, acts as a hands-on mentor, drives data visualization results, and provides well-rounded leadership and guidance to staff.
- Responsible for achieving a high level of quality assurance as it pertains to BI/Data analytics system design and will create an actionable vision for harnessing data to drive the pursuit of financial, operational, research, and clinical excellence by developing vital relationships across the organization.
- Lead the phases of BI/Data Analytics and development life cycle, formulate and drive BI/Data Analytics strategy, and build structure for a broad based-population health science program by collaborating with clinical and health services researchers to advance an analytics infrastructure.
- Demonstrate strong leadership/emotional intelligence in fostering relationships between business and clinical stakeholders as well as continuously developing talent to meet the needs of UT Health by recruiting, training, mentoring, and managing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have experience in BI/Data Analytics development life cycle as well as management of robust business intelligence, decision support, and industrial analytical toolsets.
- Experience directly related to Epic required; Tableau experience preferred.
- The University of Texas Health Science Center is an institute of health science education and research located in the South Texas Medical Center
- The institution is comprised of five schools: the Long School of Medicine, the School of Nursing, the School of Dentistry, the School of Health Professions, and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- With over 800 providers, UT Health San Antonio offers the most comprehensive care in South Texas.
- UT Health San Antonio is part of the University of Texas System and is the largest health sciences university in South Texas.
- UT Health San Antonio serves the city of San Antonio and 50,000 square miles area of Central and South Texas.
- San Antonio is a major city in south-central Texas and ranks #34 out of 125 major cities on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Places to Live in the USA list.
- The Alamo, an 18th-century Spanish mission preserved as a museum, marks an infamous 1836 battle for Texan independence from Mexico.
- Following the San Antonio River, the miles-long River Walk is a landmark pedestrian promenade lined with cafes and shops.
- The city offers a low cost of living and Texas is one of the few states with no state tax.