Join one of the nation’s most reputable academic institutions as the Senior Director, Stem Cell Transplant & Cellular Therapy Program at UT Health San Antonio Multispecialty & Research Hospital!
- The Senior Director, Stem Cell Transplant & Cellular Therapy Program provides administrative leadership, management, and quality program supervision for the clinical, research, and procedural activities of the SCTCT Program.
- Working in a Dyad leadership model, this leader will report to the Hospital Chief Nursing Officer, and SCTCCT Medical Director. They will oversee a team of five direct reports and approximately 126 FTEs.
- This Senior Director, in conjunction with the executive leadership team, will work to design, implement and open a new Stem Cell Transplant & Cellular Therapy program. This includes recruitment of staff, developing SOP’s and policies, as well onboarding/implementation and competency training of staff.
- Ideal candidates will practice shared governance, and must be a collaborative leader, listening to the team’s needs. Must be capable of mentoring young leaders. Previous CAR T experience will be critical.
- BSN and Master’s in nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field required.
- Must possess a minimum of eight years of nursing experience, with five years of management/leadership experience within BMT.
- Active RN license required; specialty certification (OCN, BMTCN or similar) preferred.
- The University of Texas Health Science Center is an institute of health science education and research located in the South Texas Medical Center.
- The institution is comprised of five schools: the Long School of Medicine, the School of Nursing, the School of Dentistry, the School of Health Professions, and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
- The School of Dentistry at UT Health San Antonio is highly regarded as one of the nation’s top dental residency programs.
- UT Health San Antonio is part of the University of Texas System and is the largest health sciences university in South Texas.
- UT Health San Antonio serves the city of San Antonio and 50,000 square miles area of Central and South Texas.
- San Antonio is a major city in south-central Texas and ranks #34 out of 125 major cities on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Places to Live in the USA list.
- The Alamo, an 18th-century Spanish mission preserved as a museum, marks an infamous 1836 battle for Texan independence from Mexico.
- Following the San Antonio River, the miles-long River Walk is a landmark pedestrian promenade lined with cafes and shops.
- The city offers a low cost of living and Texas is one of the few state with no state tax.