Join Dignity Health, a non-profit organization, as their new Director of Facility Management as you oversee two facilities in the iconic San Francisco, California!
- The Director of Facility Management will oversee facility operations including Plant Operations, Environmental Services, Security, Real Estate Services, and Environmental Safety initiatives for St. Francis Memorial Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center.
- Reporting to the Division Director of Facility Management, the Director will oversee project management, construction, renovation, and environmental initiatives and will ensure that all ongoing projects are within local, state, and federal compliance protocols.
- The Director will be responsible for financial management and performance throughout the department and will develop operational budgets while assuring appropriate fiscal management of staff, materials, supplies, and vendors throughout the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring continued accreditation, license renewals, and adherence to guidelines implemented by applicable regulatory agencies including OSHA, EPA, and The Joint Commission. This will include consistent management of maintenance, inspection, and preventative operations initiatives.
- Seeking a strategic leader who will be able to instill succession plans while providing personal and professional growth opportunities, positive working environments, and ongoing education/training for staff members throughout the organization.
- Candidates will ideally bring hands-on experience with leading multiple departments/facilities simultaneously, codes and standards, and the ability to prepare, analyze, and present detailed financial budgets.
- The Director must bring outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to allow them to communicate and collaborate with senior executive leaders while displaying respect, positivity, and support while representing the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Will accept extensive experience in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 7+ years of leadership experience and/or 4+ years of experience in maintenance, medical equipment, and operations management within an acute care setting is required.
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is a member of Dignity Health, which offers excellent, affordable health care that is delivered with compassion. Since their founding in 1986, Dignity Health has made it their goal to create environments that meet each patient's physical, mental, and spiritual needs.
- Dignity Health is made up of more than 60,000 caregivers and staff who deliver excellent care to diverse communities in 21 states.
- St. Mary's Medical Center, part of Dignity Health, has cared for the people of the San Francisco Bay Area since 1857.
- As a full-service facility, St. Mary’s is home to the nation’s first digital cardiac catheterization laboratory, innovative orthopedic and spine care, state-of-the-art cancer center, and comprehensive rehabilitation programs.
- Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is the fifth largest health system in the nation and the largest hospital provider in California.
- Home to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, is an inspiring city, with beautiful year-round weather and endless entertainment options.
- The city is a leader in culinary discovery - one can find cuisines from around the world here, due to the diverse population.
- Ride the city’s infamous cable cars, or adventure outside of the city to Sonoma Valley and samples wines at one of the many local wineries.