Join a Patient Focused Level 1 Trauma Center in Southern California as the Administrative Director of Surgery!
Competitive relocation and sign-on package offered!
- Overseeing approximately 200 FTEs and 5 direct reports, including 4 Directors, the Administrative Director of Surgery orchestrates and directs the clinical and financial operations of the perioperative services department including all pre and postoperative services, 11 OR rooms, cath lab, ambulatory surgery, and sterile processing.
- Oversees the administrative and technical activities of the Surgical Services Departments including personnel management, financial management, and administrative functions.
- Develops goals and long-range plans for the Department of Surgical Services, ensures operational and capital budgets are in accordance with institutional guidelines, as well as implements budget and control procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective working relationship with senior leadership, physicians and peers, while additionally participating in all risk management activities and investigations.
- Monitors the quality assurance program to ensure the reliability and relevancy offered through the quality control program, revision of procedures, and proficiency testing.
- Maintains the highest standards of conduct as it pertains to hospitality, excellence, appearance, attitude, respect, and team collaboration.
- Must have a valid California Registered Nurse license; CNOR preferred.
- 4+ years of Surgical Services experience or comparable training required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred.
Earn $5,000 For Referring a Peer!
- We value your help connecting us with qualified peers and are offering a special $5,000 bonus for a limited time if you refer a Perioperative leader who is placed in this role. Click the "Refer a Colleague" button or here to learn more.
- Cottage Health System is a not-for-profit system comprised of Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Cottage Children’s Hospital, Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital, Goleta Valley Hospital, and Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital.
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (SBCH) is a 420-bed hospital and Level 1 Trauma Center with a competitive medical surgical unit, complex total joints program and Level 2 Pediatric Trauma
- SBCH offers a comprehensive imaging program in addition to the freestanding outpatient imaging center
- Each of the hospitals – located in Santa Barbara, Goleta, and the Santa Ynez Valley – provide a full range of services that are consistently ranked among efficiently-managed healthcare providers in California.
- Cottage Health is an extremely community-centric system, having been selected as one of The Best Places to Work in Health Care for 2019 by Fortune.
- With nearly 3,500 employees Cottage Hospital System is an integral part of the Santa Barbara community.
- Santa Barbara, located in Southern California, is a scenic city situated between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
- The city boasts an outstanding climate, a vibrant nightlife, world-class shopping and dining, and an abundance of year-round recreational activities like golf, hiking or beach-going.
- Santa Barbara is home to many colleges and universities and is located just over 90 miles from Los Angeles.