Become the Interim Periop Nurse Educator in beautiful California!
- The Interim Periop Nurse Educator will be responsible for the oversight and day-to-day operations of the Periop department consisting of 11 OR’s.
- This position will report directly to the Director of Surgery and oversee a team of four directors, two managers and 200 FTE’s.
- This position will be expected to evaluate staffing needs and identify gaps that need filled. The will also assist Periop leadership in the education process of the team.
- The ideal leader will have five years of OR experience as both and educator and leader.
- BSN and CA License required.
- Must be available to start within 2 weeks upon acceptance.
- Santa Barbara, located in Southern California, is a scenic city situated between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
- The city boasts an outstanding climate, a vibrant nightlife, world-class shopping and dining, and an abundance of year-round recreational activities like golf, hiking, or beach-going.
- Santa Barbara offers seaside escapes along the California coast that connects breathtaking beaches, soaring mountains, verdant vineyards, elevated enclaves, and eclectic communities. Residents and visitors alike will enjoy exhilarating outdoor adventure to fascinating arts and culture to an incredible variety of local food and wine.
- Santa Barbara is home to many colleges and universities and is located just over 90 miles from Los Angeles.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.