Serve as Cottage Health’s First Administrative Director with System-Wide Leadership Across all Women’s and Children’s Services Lines
- The Administrative Director, Women’s and Children’s Services provides strategic and operational leadership to the health system’s service line, which includes inpatient maternity, labor, and delivery, perinatal high risk, pediatrics, PICU, NICU, and newborn nursery.
- With oversight for 200 FTEs, the Administrative Director will mentor a team of seven direct reports to encourage goal achievement and growth, as well as foster an environment with strong nursing morale and engagement.
- The Administrative Director reports to and works in close partnership with the Vice President of Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer to develop innovative strategies to maximize patient outcomes and drive future growth.
- Responsible for the service line’s fiscal year business plans, regulatory compliance, performance improvement, and fostering collaboration at both service line and organizational levels.
- Must bring clinical experience related to both women’s and children’s services, including 7+ years of progressive leadership experience.
- Active RN license required. Specialty certification in clinical or administrative nursing preferred.
- BSN and Master’s degree required.
- Annual salary midpoint: $265,000
- Cottage Health System is a leading not-for-profit, acute care hospital system, widely known for its superior patient care, innovation, medical research, and education. The health system is comprised of Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Cottage Children’s Hospital, Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital, Goleta Valley Hospital, Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, multiple clinics, and a multi-site Urgent Care system.
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (SBCH) is a 420-bed hospital and Level I Trauma Center, Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, Level III NICU, and is designated as a Baby-Friendly hospital.
- The health system’s hospitals – located in Santa Barbara, Goleta, and the Santa Ynez Valley – total 582 licensed beds and provide a full range of services that are consistently ranked among efficiently-managed healthcare providers in California.
- Cottage Health was recognized as #19 for Best Places to Work in Health Care 2021 by Fortune & Great Place to Work.
- With nearly 3,500 employees, Cottage Hospital System is an integral part of the Santa Barbara community.
- Santa Barbara, located in Southern California, is a scenic city situated between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
- The city boasts an outstanding climate, a vibrant nightlife, world-class shopping and dining, and an abundance of year-round recreational activities like golf, hiking, or beach-going.
- Santa Barbara offers seaside escapes along the California coast that connects breathtaking beaches, soaring mountains, verdant vineyards, elevated enclaves, and eclectic communities. Residents and visitors alike will enjoy exhilarating outdoor adventure to fascinating arts and culture to an incredible variety of local food and wine.
- Santa Barbara is home to many colleges and universities and is located just over 90 miles from Los Angeles.