Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a dynamic leader to drive innovation and champion initiatives as the Chief Nursing Officer!
- Reporting directly to the CEO, The Chief Nursing Officer serves as a key member on the senior leadership team and is responsible for the management of rehab admission facilitators, subacute and long-term care admissions and expert navigators.
- Demonstrates passion and engagement as it pertains to building strong shared governance within nursing leadership and driving strong succession planning.
- The CNO plans, organizes, develops, and directs all aspects of the management functions and activities for the services and departments including: Case Management, Nursing Department, and Respiratory Therapy.
- The CNO fosters a culture of innovation, implements and monitors policies, objectives and activities of the nurse departments as well as champions initiatives to advance rehabilitation nursing across the continuum.
- Seeking a dynamic, confident, and engaging licensed nurse, masters prepared with high interest to expand his / her competencies across St. Peter's Health Partners, an integrated health system.
- Ideal candidates will be passionate, operational and bring rehab experience or demonstrate a passion for working within a rehab environment.
- Certified rehabilitation registered nurse (CRRN) or eligible to sit for CRRN within 1year of hire are required.
- With 12,000 employees in more than 170 locations, St. Peter’s Health Partners is the Capital Region’s most comprehensive not-for-profit integrated health care network, which provides high-quality, compassionate, and sophisticated care to thousands of people every day.
- Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital a PM&R Physician Residency Program in collaboration with Albany Medical College and a Physical Therapist residency program with Utica College.
- In 2021, Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital was designated by U.S. News and World Report as "Best Rehabilitation Hospital" and ranked #46 nationwide. Newsweek published for the first time, its list of "America's Best Physical Rehabilitation Centers". This year, SVRH mad the list ranked #8 in New Your State.
- Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital draws patients from throughout the Capital Region and beyond, Sunnyview had approximately 2,027 discharges 31,000 inpatient days, and over 78,000 outpatients visits in FY2020, with an operating budget of approximately $62M.
- Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital is designated as a “Center of Robotic Rehabilitation Excellence,” by Ekso Bionics, Inc. and is the only one in the United States. Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital is committed to advancing the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation through the James A. Eddy Research Institute where clinicians produced 44 publications and 6 current IRB approved research projects.
- Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital was recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the nation's best rehab hospitals.
- Founded in 1928, Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital is a 115-bed hospital specializing in physical rehabilitation. Every year, more than 15,000 individuals come to Sunnyview from across the Northeast.
- Sunnyview is the only nationally recognized specialty rehabilitation hospital in upstate New York. Patients travel to Sunnyview from 40 counties in New York State, as well as 10 other states, for our expertise, experience and technology and their reputation.
- Sunnyview is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs with Specialty Accreditations for Brain Injury, Amputation, and Stroke.
- Schenectady, New York, is within Albany’s metropolitan area. Albany is a bustling urban center in the heart of New York’s expanding Tech Valley.
- Located less than an hour away from Saratoga Springs and 25 minutes from Amsterdam, you’ll be sure to find a variety of activities, dining, and attractions just a short drive away!
- From the beautiful bike and hike trails, to attractions like Mountain Ridge Adventure, Maple Ski Ridge and Upstate Kayak Rentals -- there are so many ways to discover the beauty of Schenectady County's outdoors!
- Schenectady County is centrally located to many wonderful attractions from a few minutes to a few hours away. Make Schenectady your home-base as you visit small towns like Cooperstown and Hudson, travel to the cozy communities of the Berkshires, explore the attractions in Lake George or the outdoor beauty of the Adirondacks. Enjoy a day out and return to us for great food, entertainment before resting your head in one of their beautiful hotels!
- The state capital of New York is located on the banks of the Hudson River and is a beautiful destination, offering a multitude of higher education options, sustainable living and desirable neighborhoods.
- The nearby Catskill and Adirondack Mountains provide year-round recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, camping, and skiing.
- New York City, Boston, and Montreal are only few hours by car or train.