Bring cultural change and diversity as the next Director for a thriving nursing school in the heart of New York's Tech Valley
- The Director for the School of Nursing serves as the head administrator and resource to students, faculty and staff within a two-year hospital-based professional nursing program
- Responsible for the overall success and growth of the educational program, the Director will focus on diversifying the student population, increasing student pass rates, mentoring faculty and introducing cultural development for staff
- Provide resources for staff development, collaborate with hospital staff and committees, align policies and procedures with hospital standards and deliver compliance with all regulatory and accreditation standards
- Requires minimum MSN plus at least five years of nursing education leadership
- Doctorate-level degree strongly preferred
- Must possess or obtain New York RN license
- The Belanger School of Nursing offers a two-year professional program at Ellis Medicine for students attaining an Associate in Science degree for Nursing, with the goal to become a Registered Nurse
- The Belanger School of Nursing has articulation agreements with S.U.N.Y., Polytechnic Institute at Utica/Rome, Siena College, The Sage Colleges, Chamberlain College, Empire State College, Excelsior College, Maria College, Walden University, SUNY Delhi and Grand Canyon University
- The Belanger School of Nursing has produced exceptional results for its student population over the last few years, demonstrated by NCLEX-RN pass rates over 94% for 2018 and 2019, as well as employment rates at 100% for Belanger students within six months of graduation for the last three years running
- The Belanger School of Nursing places its primary focus on patient care, clinical excellence and providing learning experiences across the continuum including public health, primary care and community services
- Schenectady, New York, is within Albany’s metropolitan area. Albany is a bustling urban center in the heart of New York’s expanding Tech Valley.
- The state capital of New York is located on the banks of the Hudson River and is a beautiful destination, offering a multitude of higher education options, sustainable living and desirable neighborhoods.
- The nearby Catskill and Adirondack Mountains provide year-round recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, camping, and skiing.
- New York City, Boston, and Montreal are only few hours by car or train