Lead a Modern 36-Bed Intensive Care Unit as Director of Nursing, Critical Care Services!
- The Director of Nursing, Critical Care serves as the strategic and administrative leader for the 36-bed Intensive Care Unit with oversight for 80+ FTEs.
- Focus on building a cohesive team, mentoring department leadership and staff, and developing workflow processes to achieve efficiency.
- This collaborative leader will partner with physicians to identify strategies for the delivery of innovative and high-quality patient care, as well as with the Director of Education and Human Resources to strengthen employee engagement and retention.
- Master’s degree and BSN or MSN required.
- Active RN license required and can work towards obtaining a New York state license. Advanced certification preferred (NEABC, TNCC, CCRN, or FACHE).
- Ellis Medicine is a 438-bed community and teaching healthcare system serving New York’s Capital Region.
- Entering its final phase of sweeping restructuring efforts launched in 2006, Ellis Medicine now features four campuses, 700 medical staff, and more than 3,300 employees. The organization is currently working on modernizing the Emergency Department and improving the surgical and interventional services.
- Ellis Medicine offers several programs for professional development and education including dental, family medicine, nursing school and osteopathic family medicine.
- Ellis Hospital provides emergency, inpatient medical/surgical and psychiatric care for counties in upstate New York. Specialty services include a nationally recognized Heart Center, a New York State designated Stroke Center, and advanced surgery programs. The facility features state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, a modern 36-bed Intensive Care Unit, and one of the most advanced health information technology systems in Northeastern New York.
- Schenectady, New York, is within Albany’s metropolitan area. Albany is a bustling urban center in the heart of New York’s expanding Tech Valley.
- The state capital of New York is located on the banks of the Hudson River and is a beautiful destination, offering a multitude of higher education options, sustainable living and desirable neighborhoods.
- The nearby Catskill and Adirondack Mountains provide year-round recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, camping, and skiing.
- New York City, Boston, and Montreal are only few hours by car or train.