Take on new challenges as the Director of Surgical Services for Ellis Medicine, an innovative community hospital rounding out the last stages of its modernization and expansion plan
- The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for 10 Operating Rooms, preadmission testing, PACU, Central Sterile Processing, Same Day Surgery and gastrointestinal care
- Establish a formal structure to drive change management, optimize the service line and develop positive relationships with hospital affiliates/partners
- The Director is a motivating leader that engages staff, fosters accountability and connects quickly with surgeons
- Must be comfortable circulating and being visible in the OR, providing real time feedback when needed and ensuring best practices are utilized in daily operations
- BSN and previous surgical leadership experience in a union environment required
- Ellis Medicine is a 438-bed community and teaching healthcare system serving New York’s Capital Region
- Entering its final phase of sweeping restructuring efforts launched in 2006, Ellis Medicine now features four campuses, 700 medical staff and over 3,000 employees
- They are currently working on modernizing the Emergency Department and improving the surgical and interventional services
- Ellis Medicine offers several programs for professional development and education including dental, family medicine, nursing school and osteopathic family medicine
- Schenectady, New York, is within Albany’s metropolitan area. Albany is a bustling urban center in the heart of New York’s expanding Tech Valley.
- The state capital of New York is located on the banks of the Hudson River and is a beautiful destination, offering a multitude of higher education options, sustainable living and desirable neighborhoods.
- The nearby Catskill and Adirondack Mountains provide year-round recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, camping, and skiing.
- New York City, Boston, and Montreal are only few hours by car or train