Join the top-ranked University of Washington (UW) School of Medicine and achieve innovation as you take on the role of Vice Chair of Finance & Administration, Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine in Seattle, Washington!
- The Vice Chair of Finance & Administration, Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine (Vice Chair), will be responsible for the oversight of operations and providing business and administration support for the Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine within the organization.
- Reporting to the Department Chair and School’s Associate Dean of Administration, the Vice Chair will serve as a key reporting structure to program directors throughout various educational programs by providing grant renewals, program reviews for accreditation, and facilitating ongoing educational initiatives throughout the community.
- The Vice Chair will be responsible for the coordination and management of operational initiatives including reports, programs, strategic plans, and marketing initiatives. Additionally, this leader will collaborate with surgeons, the dean, and other executive leadership and will implement change management processes as necessary to improve departmental and organizational dynamics.
- Responsible for maintaining financial achievement throughout the Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine department including the management of federal, state, private, and university fund sources while ensuring the integrity of all financial transactions.
- Seeking a forward-thinking leader who will serve as a partner to the Department Chair and will bring extensive leadership and strategic experience within a large acute care/academic healthcare setting to ensure the achievement of departmental and organizational financial, operational, and administrative goals.
- Candidates must be able to portray a high-level of adaptability, strategy, and collaboration skills while striving to improve employee engagement, communication, and morale within the department.
- The Vice Chair will maintain close facilities management throughout multiple campuses throughout the UW School of Medicine organization by ensuring effective, efficient, and safe operations.
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA), healthcare administration, public health, or another related field is required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience within a related setting is required.
- Pay Range: $200,000 - $231,000 annually.
- Final pay rate is dependent upon experience, education, training, and location.
- For full details: https://www.uwmedicine.org/jobs/benefits-perks
- Founded in 1946, the University of Washington (UW) School of Medicine, part of the UW Medicine system, is dedicated to improving the overall health and wellbeing of the public through biomedical education, research, and excellent healthcare.
- UW School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, is focused on providing quality-pain management while diagnosing and treating pain. The School of Medicine teaches and provides a wide variety of anesthesia services including pre-operative care, pain management, preventative care, and multidisciplinary pain diagnoses.
- The UW School of Medicine is home to approximately 1,000+ medical students as part of their PhD, Research, Residency, Fellowship, and MD programs.
- The UW School of Medicine has received 120+ recognitions by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) on behalf of their fellowship and residency programs. In addition, UW School of Medicine has received 5 Nobel Laureates in Physiology and Medicine.
- Recognized as one of the nation’s top medical schools for training physicians, UW School of Medicine boasts multiple educational teaching sites and research facilities through long-standing partnerships to allow their students to make an optimal impact in education, innovation, and research.
- The UW School of Medicine is devoted to adhering to their core values of collaboration, excellence, respect, stewardship, justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and student engagement.
- Often referred to as the Emerald City, Seattle is surrounded with greenery all year-round, which is fitting since Washington is known as the “Evergreen State”. Downtown Seattle is home to the Seattle Art Museum, The Seattle Symphony, and Pike Place Market.
- The Seattle Center is a premier destination for arts, entertainment, leisure, and children’s activities – the 74-acre campus is home to The Museum of Pop Culture, The Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum, and the ever-popular Space Needle.
- Seattle offers many hiking, Skiing, flight, and outdoor water activities including Mount Rainier, Discovery Park, Burke-Gilman Trail, and even whale watching on the shores of Alki Beach. Thrill and adventure aren’t limited to only Seattle; you can also explore Washington’s 120 state parks, three national parks, six national forests, or the18 national wildlife refuges.
- The city of Seattle offers more than two dozen school districts including both private and public education opportunities and Mercer Island School District, one of the top three school districts in Washington for college readiness.
To apply for this position, please e-mail a resume to Denise Poindexter, Director of Executive Search, at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.