Lead the division and drive company initiatives as the Practice Director, Orthopaedics in a city ranked as one of the top 10 perfect places to live in the United States!
- Reporting directly to the VP, Physician Practices, the Practice Director, Orthopaedics provides senior-level administrative oversight and business management support for all practice management related issues as it pertains to contractual relationships, new service feasibility, strategic partnerships, and staffing analyses.
- Assists Physician Shareholders in strategic planning, practice governance, business development activities, financial management, and policy enforcement as well as partners closely with corporate resources to manage marketing, financial, facility, information systems and human resources functions for the division.
- Ideal candidates will be comfortable working in a dyad model, working with and taking direction from the Divisional Advisory Committee (DAC).
- Must bring 7+ years of clinical-based, physician practice management, and healthcare administrative/operational experience.
- Orthopaedic operations experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Spectrum was founded in 1996 to give physicians in Maine a strong, unified voice in what continues to be an evolving healthcare environment.
- Three independent practices merged—Northeast Anesthesia Professional Association, Maine Pathology Associates and Radiology Associates of Maine— setting the stage for physicians to have a strong leadership role in healthcare delivery and have more control over patient care.
- Spectrum Healthcare Partners works with health care facilities and other group practices on a consultative basis to assist in developing utilization review, quality, and practice management services.
- Today, Spectrum is Maine’s largest statewide multispecialty, physician-owned and –directed professional organization, with more than 200 physicians practicing in the areas of anesthesiology, orthopedics, pain management, pathology, radiation oncology, radiology, and vascular and interventional radiology.
- With a lengthy list of awards and accolades, Portland, the largest city in the state of Maine, is one of the safest, most attractive, and livable cities in New England.
- The city, which was ranked 8th among the top 10 perfect places to live in America, combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city, with a charming small-town atmosphere.
- Portland has a vibrant art scene, having been named one of the country’s top 25 art destinations by American Style magazine, and offers more than 2,000 art events annually.
- Bon Appetit magazine has dubbed Portland as the "foodie state", for its wide array of local dining options.